Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi matey, there are several companies out there that offer a "piggy-back" chip to increase performance try
www.tuneit.co.uk

www.dieseltuning.co.uk

there are others out there, if you dont like the look of these companies try a google (or similar) search for........diesel tuning.

I believe one of the members on the pro_cee'd section has used the tuneit product and was well pleased.

Hope this helps..........jamie

·
Registered
100 Posts
Also, have you read the post by Andy C titled "Cee'd 1.6 crdi misfire/hiccup"
It may help with the stuttering problem you are suffering when slowing/re-accelerating.

If not give it a look...........jamie

·
Registered
57 Posts
i know that OBD Auto Tune in ballymena will remap the Kia Cee'd as i had them remap mine. standard it was 93bhp remapped went up to 125.6bhp now if there is a company that says they cant remap the Kia Cee'd ask them if they can remap a Hyundai i30 if they say yes then they can remap your Kia as it is exactly the same engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my other car (octaviaII PD105 Classic) was mapped by torquetronix down in kells .... davy wishart does good work ... took my octy from 105 to about 150 or so ..... brutally fast, outstanding fuel economy, but she eats tyres........

i now have a ceed 1.6i ..... doubt any mapping can be done on her but if it could i'd do it in a heartbeat :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Your ceed can be mapped to 140, though it will go through tyres just as much as your octavia, (i'm on my 4th set in 10 months)

·
Registered
5 Posts
get a dtuk tuning box cheap and removable so u can take it off if u need warrenty work with out it voiding it<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Registered
536 Posts
What tires are people buying on here? Part worns? I had a full set of pirelli p1000 on my Vw passat which is a heavy car and 140bhp and even if I thrashed it to pieces I still couldnt get through a set of black circles in less than 6months. And the passat is 215's so even less contact patch than the ceeds 225. The last set I took off after 16000miles and had no markings on the side walls what so ever as even though they have reinforced sidewalls they still run a hell of a lot of flex.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've just joined this forum and seen this thread. Today I had an ECU remap by Quantum Tuning, the same engineer also remapped my Sportage quite few years ago.

Anyway my ecoDynamics model has been totally transformed, it now performs more like the 113 BHP Ceed. I'm a sensible driver (not a boy racer) and got exactly what I wanted from the remap - elimination of flat spots and turbo lag and better use of power through the gears.

I cannot believe how much nicer the car is to drive, a very happy customer. Here's the link if any other Cee'd users want a remap, you won't regret it.

http://www.kia-remap.co.uk/ Web site link here

They offer a 30 day money back guarantee, if you don't like the changes they will revert the ECU files to the original settings.
Edited by: Matt_J

·
Registered
16 Posts
had hesitation when feathering the throttle took car to local Kia dealer who rewrote the software 4 months ago not had problem since car is Ceed 1.6crdi sw

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just purchased a Pro-Bitz tuning module for my 09 Cee'd 1.6, 90 hp diesel and when I went to install it I notice there are two connectors on either end of the common rail. Can anyone tell me which one is the fuel pressure sensor and if possible what is the function of the other connection.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
The fuel pressure sensor is the one on the right end of the rail the one on the left side is the pressure rail regulator valve.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys I'm looking to remap my kia ceed eco 1.6tdi (89) and wondered what woukd be a good way to do this? I'm looking for one thats removable for my warrenty but I don't want one that's a glorified box of resisters. I want something worth the money any suggestions on what people have used and how they find it in every day life?

Also I am aware this is quiet an old post but why start a new one when this is here.Edited by: owen_999

·
Registered
57 Posts
My Old Kia was remapped, never had any issues with warranty

Most "boxes" im their simplest fool the ecu into thinking that the engine is running cooler than it actually is, so pumps more fuel into the cyclinders to boost power, a combination of increasing the boost pressure makes the car faster.

Personally i wouldn't use any of the "boxes" i'd go for a proper remap, more expensive but in my opinion worth the investment,

I wouldn't worry about any warranty problems Kia's are fairly bulletproof

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cheers I've always been bias to proper remaps but don't want problems with warranties the other thing is like someone else on the first page mine has a stutter which is particularly bizarre for a diesel but kia can't find anything. Hopefully a remap might get rid of that

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there,

I am after getting my car remapped, 2.0 CRDI pro-cee'd, however i would want it doing by someone that has done a kia before, rather that somewhere that are making it up as they go along. I have emailed quantom tuning, but was wondering if anyone has taken it to anywhere else?

Cheers
Jack

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
be careful with a remap, I had a sorento done and all was well with it, I then had to visit kia for a job and when they tried to reflash the ecu they could not complete because the remap changed something that the kia diag machine was not happy with and it would not continue.

·
Registered
212 Posts
IF you want quality look at Steinbauer

There boxes plug directly into the injectors and the exhaust temperature sensor, not just the CR pressure and boost sensors, not just a box of resistors fooling the ECU into chucking more fuel in and pushing the boost up, all that means is a shed load of black smoke out the back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts