Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the car has only been in the UK2 years(ish) but anyone regret buying/renting the Soul. We all know about the paint issues so that aside - any other issue that'll put you off buying another.

The US Kia site has a simular thread but may not have the same issues.

12.5 more days peeps.....................just 12.5 more days.

If there is a simular thread here, let me know - ta.

·
Registered
78 Posts
When you get it home, you think...that is a bold statement to have on the driveway, then you get the invariable comments from others, then everything settles down and you begin to like the car ...Enjoy

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In all honesty Foxy, this will be my 5th new car and have never been wanting a car so much. I want to ring the dealer every day to see if if's there - I'm a 49 y/o kid waiting for Santa at the mo.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I don't have any paint issues at all in fact (silly thing to say ) I have had not one problem with my Soul Tempest CRDi apart from the fact that I cannot work out how to fit the net for the boot !
It looks good ,no rattles ,it rides ok despite the 18" wheels it certainly moves ok when you want it to and for a quite high car it handles great. The car has a good NCAP rating with a high score from Thatchem on the handling side and it looksdam good. It's brillant value for money and with all the new cars from Kia it's gaining a really good reputation,what more can I say ENJOY.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Certain I will Dave.

I'm off on hols for Xmas & New Year and haven't even thought about it - says it all. (may be looking for a baby sitter).

·
Registered
43 Posts
From ordering it, to receiving it, was an eternity. Something neither of us have felt about any other vehicle. I say vehicle, but that does not really sum it up, it is more than that. I would not change it, yes I would have another, yes I would recommend it. It is eager, frugal, punchy when you want it to be, has a great safety rating, oozes style and the name says a great deal, some cars have soul, others aspire to it. You guessed it, I love it.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
No real regrets with it, just wish i knew then what i know now...... would have probably stuck out for a Soul2 crdi instead - and somebody else have my paranoia with the Tempest (at least it shows i care far too much about the car)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
if you do a search on the USA ebay - there are pictures of the luggage net in action. It hangs from the parcel shelf knurled knobs and the lower two at the boot door corners. Looks like the sort of affair you could drop a small dog into - and have hours of funny watching it trying to escape......lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm sort of looking forward to getting it as will be cheaper to run on fuel than the current Motability car but not as loosing a convertible car for it and all the drama so far for getting the damn thing i feel like i made a mistake by finding mum this car.

Mum is looking foward to it (When we get it) but doesn't want to the the PT Cruiser go as it was her dream to have one and was really excited this time 3yrs ago.

·
Registered
111 Posts
love the car i really do but the paint issue is a real downer,it really is, it stops me enjoying what could and should have been a super experience if i could have it taken in and given the proper paint protection it should have had i would be well chuffed as it is i feel as as lots of other owners feel not at ease when driving due to the flimsiness of the finish !yes mine really is that bad ,in the states they offer the option of an aftermarket clear bra (thats a plastic film that covers the whole front of the car)straight out of the showroom ,..so before you even drive it off the forecourt they are admitting the thing needs extra protection! more than kia are prepared to give! thinking back now i wish i had held on and got the yeti by skoda , tried it ,liked it but couldnt quite afford it, yes it was a bit more cash but in hindsight would im sure have been worth the extra ,in short no more compromising for me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts