Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know my internet is bad, but even so, is it just me that the new KIA website (the UK one specifically) is very slow to load, has links that don't work/timeout and a generally a poorer navigation? Not a fan of the black instead of red either!

First world problems, eh? ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
No problems and looks colourful to me.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,436 Posts
No problems, it loaded as I would expect (Firefox web browser).

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My download is about 7.5Mbps at the moment and I'm on Chrome. From Google search to fully loaded KIA homepage, 12 seconds. Doing the same with Hyundai and Honda was 2 seconds and six seconds respectively (neither cached). And just as an example, I suspect this page hasn't loaded correctly!

Perhaps it's just in a state of transition.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
My download is about 7.5Mbps at the moment and I'm on Chrome. From Google search to fully loaded KIA homepage, 12 seconds. Doing the same with Hyundai and Honda was 2 seconds and six seconds respectively (neither cached). And just as an example, I suspect this page hasn't loaded correctly!
View attachment 8940

Perhaps it's just in a state of transition.
I'm on Chrome.. no problem for me..and black is good for me and dont get so much eye strain..

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah well, just me then!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check your PC for outstanding software updates etc..I clean mine daily to keep it free from trash and spam and errors

Thanks Phil, I'm actually using a Chromebook for most of my internet browsing nowadays. My old Windows 10 laptop - despite my efforts - just take too long to boot and the power goes off at random, but I might fire it up tomorrow and see what the site looks like on that.

Reactions: Phil in Wales

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Thanks Phil, I'm actually using a Chromebook for most of my internet browsing nowadays. My old Windows 10 laptop - despite my efforts - just take too long to boot and the power goes off at random, but I might fire it up tomorrow and see what the site looks like on that.
I use a desk top and it boots in 23 seconds. Generally.. mind you I only use it for a few forums and facebook ebay and factors and parts searching that is all..

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not convinced; tried on my old W10 laptop and my work PC and it seems to load slowly on all three and displays differently across browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Opera). Just cleared the webpage cache on my Chromebook and hard reload, now it opens with 11 errors and 4 warnings according to the console. It feels a bit to me it is having trouble between standard and mobile versions.

Anyway, enough of this boring stuff. There are cars to discuss!

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
Site is taking longer to load for me on Chrome & Edge. I think it is far more graphic heavy site now.
Not good given I'm on M600 Fibre Broadband with Virgin.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Site is taking longer to load for me on Chrome & Edge. I think it is far more graphic heavy site now.
Not good given I'm on M600 Fibre Broadband with Virgin.
And its not just this virticalscope site that's suffering.. I wonder if Canada have been fiddling every time they do we get problems.. :unsure: is anyone having capure problems and cookie problems

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just loaded the site, took 5 seconds on Microsoft edge, no display issues. However I suspect it helps being on 400mbs fibre.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Mine takes about the same..................and I’m on 20 mbs wire.

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
And its not just this virticalscope site that's suffering.. I wonder if Canada have been fiddling every time they do we get problems.. :unsure: is anyone having capure problems and cookie problems
Talking about Kia website, not this one :)
Which is what the OP is talking about.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Talking about Kia website, not this one :)
Which is what the OP is talking about.
With verticlescope the owner of kai forum along with many others and what happens here happens to all of their sites..they are the owners..and they control what happens buddy..:) back in June 2019 they started

We Are Now Live - Community Feedback

This where members can talk to the company direct and ask for things to be looked at.. they then would respond and sort out what members wanted..I can not find this on Kia forums tho and wonder why.. this would surly be a good idea when members can put a point to them direct.. as in this instance from the OP of this thread..

EDIT.. on further investigation I find this..

But the section is locked.. so maybe its time to open it so members can ask about technical problems that they are having :)

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
Phil. I think you are at cross purposes.
Op is talking about Kia UK website, not anything owned by verticlescope.

Current download speed 236Mbs But I have daughter working from home which effects speeds.
Main Kia site is still taking seconds to load.
But kia are running a lot of Scripts on the page, so will be slowing it down.

Linky below to the site :)

Reactions: Phil in Wales

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts