Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have very recently bought a 2.0 Diesel Cee'd Sport CRDI 2008. As I have never had a diesel before I have been advised that I should useRedex diesel fuel system additive. However someone else has told me that this should not be used if the car has aDiesel Particulate Filter. Please can anyone advise how I work out in my car has a DPF and whether I should use the additive. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree that additives are not necessary in diesel cars or any car for that matter. Perhaps on very old cars but certainly a waste of money on modern engines. I used to put a shot in as a lad only because the Redex dispenserswere next to the petrol pumps and you just pressed a plunger for a shot if I remember correctly. Suppose it was the in thing to do in the old days :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Petrol was 4shillings and ten pence and a half penny when I started to drive in 1964. Bring back the car swinging arm trafficators I say. Had to thump the side door pillar whilst driving for them to work sometimes!People are spoilt with flashing indicators these days......sorry to go off subject but all Kia owners should begrateful for their modern well equipped cars.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm not so sure you know...I mean back in the day injectors and the like weren't as good as they are nowadays..but the whole ERG valve seams (a stupid idea) to make me think additives may help clean valves ect. Never used them myself but maybe with all the cleaver engine mapping that burns away carbon, they might not be needed? Who knows. Only thing that would cross my mind is warranty. If Kia say yes...go for it. Otherwise I wouldn't take the chance.

36p a ltr is the lowest I can recall unleaded being. £1.21 to fill my little Puch Maxi to the very brim and would last a lifetime. Edited by: RichieD76

1 - 5 of 5 Posts