Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
When you say a 'red triangle with a 5 next to it' does this only appear when you are driving? And is it something that is on the LCD Display in the centre instrument display (between the rev counter and speedometer)?

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
No - it is advising you when you should change gear (up or down) to be most economical. Frankly I don't take a blind bit of notice of it. Assuming that is what you mean.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think you will find it is the gear change indicator.
View attachment 15924
The gear change indication is in a grey circle.. currently hunting through the manual for the triangle.. but
have a look through the main LCD display menu, to see if the cog on the far right has turned to a triangle with exclamation mark, as this will indication a fault in one of the systems (anything from low washer fluid to service overdue...) and should display the issues.
This will return to a cog when the issue is resolved...

or to quote the manual..."This mode informs of warning messages related to washer fluid or malfunction of Blind Spot Detection (BSD) and so on"...
Font Material property Triangle Circle Signage
Font Kitchen appliance Gas Circle Temperature

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No - it is advising you when you should change gear (up or down) to be most economical. Frankly I don't take a blind bit of notice of it. Assuming that is what you mean.
So it's my crap driving :)
The gear change indication is in a grey circle.. currently hunting through the manual for the triangle.. but
have a look through the main LCD display menu, to see if the cog on the far right has turned to a triangle with exclamation mark, as this will indication a fault in one of the systems (anything from low washer fluid to service overdue...) and should display the issues.
This will return to a cog when the issue is resolved...

or to quote the manual..."This mode informs of warning messages related to washer fluid or malfunction of Blind Spot Detection (BSD) and so on"... View attachment 15931 View attachment 15932
Thank you for your help

·
Registered
179 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts