Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you get any recovery or breakdown service when you buy a new one? I can't remember being told about any. I'm sure I did on the other Kia's I brought.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You get 12 months cover with Kia Assist with the RAC but to what your covered for is a little vague as it states 'any of the following services' in the supplied information booklet but not which?,you are covered for breakdowns so that's not too bad.

Edited by: Armac08

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last week I got an email from Kia CS wanting me to fill in an on linesurvey. I filled it in including not being told about recovery and thespare wheel I'd ordered which hadn't arrived when I collected the car.Wednesday I got a call from Abby in CS andconfirmedwhat James had said. She was notimpressed that the dealer had not phoned me to check everything wasOK.I asked about wheel and she said she would have to contact my dealer about that and would call me back on Friday.
Sadly she didn't called back.

Edited by: Chrispy1

·
Registered
643 Posts
She will call back,perhaps on monday,maybe she never got to speak to the right person at dealership.
Kiassist is provided by the RAC,or in my case,the local garage,the only pain in the bum is you have to give europcar your card details for them to provide a courtesy car in case they need to make a fuel charge to you,in my few cases of using kiassist,it was my brand new car,broken down and in need of recovery,why i needed to provide anything regarding money i dont think is fair,surely this should be ironed out with kia in an agreement as in my case,my car is recovered from skye to my nearest dealership in inverness,a distance of 96 miles,europcar are also based in inverness,so the car is filled in inverness and driven through to me,i use it for as long as i need to,i get my car driven back through to me and the courtesy car that i have made sure is filled with fuel as to avoid the fuel charge on my card, is driven back to inverness,and because its petrol,arrives back in europcar inverness with 3/4 of a tank,i have been charged twice because of this and europcar say that it is my resonsibility to ensure the tank is full when it leaves me,how they expect it to travel back to inverness without using any fuel,i dont know,but my dealership has sorted it out for me twice thankfully.
So the recovery service is fraught with these wee niggles,no as straight forward as its made out to be.
James.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my card turned up today. Now I'mconfused, on the letter Ireceived with the card it say's "You will find details of the breakdown cover provided by assist in you information pack. This can be found in the glove compartment of your vehicle....". I didn't have aninformationpack. Just the owners manual and the service book.So I phoned Kia CS and they told me I should receive in the post.
Does anyone know which is correct? Because if it should be in the car when I picked it up I'll have to go to my dealer and try to get it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went in to local dealer yesterday, they told me that there is nothing supplied to do with Kia assist when you pick up you car now it's sent to you. But they gave me a copy of thebooklet that they used to supply. This gave me details of Kia assist and what's covered.Also yesterday Ireceivedin the post aleaflet I wouldn't call it a booklet as it only has for pages. On the front it says "Welcome to the family, Mr .......". Insideit tells me that I getcomplimentary one year Kia assist membership card, owners magazine, about Kia owners area and that "Family Like care" customer service as it should be. And the best bit, if I visit the owners area at kia.co.uk/welcome and and enter my 8 digit activation code I will receive my "complimentary Kia assist card". The one I Received the day before without registering.

But no details about Kia assist and whats covered.

Also while I was at the dealer Iactuallysaw my spear wheel. The one I ordered with the car and should have been there when I collected the car. But could I have it no. They have the Wheel but not the tyre. Apparently the can't get a space save tyrefor it. Is there a shortage of tyres? Anyone else heard of this shortage?

Well at least I get "customer service as it should be"

Edited by: Chrispy1

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just an update on Friday 27th I got another letter from Kia. It had another"complimentary Kia assist card" inside.
<div style="text-align: left;">ShouldI now go for the hat trick?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Kiassist still think i have my old car as they sent me a reminder yesterday that mine expires on 7th may 2012,that car has gone,it had the terminal flatspot issue,ive only had the new car since december,and i have a kiassist card for that also,so they must think i have 2 venga s.
JAmes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.