Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been Kia drivers for about 12 years. In that time, between us my wife and I have had 1 Picanto (the original square one) 1 Rio, 2 Sportages and 2 Niro HeVs. We went down to one car over 3 years ago and now are thinking that we really don't need a car as big as the Niro. So in the near future we shall be looking to swap the Niro for something smaller. The Mrs fancies a Ceed whereas I am more turning to a Stonic or even a Rio. Not that bothered about it being a Hybrid but would probably go for petrol over Diesel unless there was a really good reason. Electric no good to us as we have nowhere to charge it. So what I am asking is for opinions.

Thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Some good buys out there with the last Venga's.. just look around the forum and wonder why the Venga gets less complaints on here compared to others.. its the best kept secret ever and why I recently bought my second one..

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.. so we can carry on keeping it a secret..

·
Registered
393 Posts
Have to agree with Phil. The Venga is a "sleeper" car, as was our previous car, a Nissan Almera Tino MPV which we only got rid of because we needed an auto.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We have a Stonic 1st Edition diesel
My only disappointment so far is we cant change the bloody ringtone when using an Android phone ....so all in all its a major problem:unsure::D:)

·
Super Moderator
4,312 Posts
We have a Stonic 1st Edition diesel
My only disappointment so far is we cant change the bloody ringtone when using an Android phone ....so all in all its a major problem:unsure::D:)
Mine was the same as my phone on AA. Not sure how I changed it though.

Had a Stonic 1st edition 1.0 turbo Petrol for 3 years and loved it. Only real downside is size of boot.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Looking at the Kia website and they are not listing the Venga
Because the cretins discontinued the model.. it was fit for an upgrade and would have still sold well..all they had to do was take the best bits from the venga and sister car Hyundai ix20 and do a final reworking.. still there are many 2018 and 19 and a few 2020 ones around and some juicy 16 and 17 reg low mileage ones .. you just have to look.. and let your fingers do the walking..

·
Registered
963 Posts
We had a Ceed and loved it. Looked at the Stonic and found it poor in many respects. Looked at the Rio and was surprised it had a better finish, more legroom and a bigger boot than the Stonic which is supposed to be a spacious small SUV.

Rio was also cheaper but could not get the right engine with the chosen trim.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I must admit we liked the Rio when the missus had one. But after we retired we decided we only needed one car and I so I got rid of my Sportage (on a lease) and part exed the Rio for our first Niro.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Spec for spec the Rio tends to be better equipped than the Stonic. Rio 2 gets a reversing camera for example whereas the Stonic 2 doesn't.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Rio only come in yellow unless you want to pay £££££ for a half a pint of paint.

The missus had a yellow one, to be fair you never lost it in a car park😂
On most cars its £££££'s to get e decent colour. White is normally extra now and that was always a free colour until recently.

If you restrict your choice to cars that have a suitable "free" colour it will be a very short list.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a Ceed, and it is quite good- almost Golf like quality. Won't suggest Stonic unless you want SUV type thing- while it might be more spacious than Ceed, which I doubt so, it has poor interior.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Rio only come in yellow unless you want to pay £££££ for a half a pint of paint.

The missus had a yellow one, to be fair you never lost it in a car park😂
Same with the Stonic, yellow is the 'standard' colour. Better than the dreadful 1970s brown that was the standard before the facelift though!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts