Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just got an email from Wessex Kia today saying my 10 month sportage requires 5 recall issues. None are safety critical but wondered if anyone else has had the same information. As far as I can tell 2 are s/w up-dates, vacuum hose, seal and something else but wouldn't tell me.

Cheers, Chris

PS I drive 1.7 diesel 3 Sat Nav

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have booked my FE in for its first service, got a letter from KIA head office telling me of a recall. Dealer didn't know anything about it until they looked it up on their system, said it was for tightening of the suspension bolts. Also found an out of date recall to do with the ECU that they will also do during the service. Kia's recall system seems a bit hit and miss to me and it seems that without forums like this most people may never know about the recalls.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Not just Kia do this. A lot of makers wait till the customer has a complaint about it before they do any work. If its a safety issue and its noted by VOSA or it is a well known common fault causing a breakdown it has to be done and a letter will be sent to the registered keeper telling them to book it in for the recall work.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Chris,

Would you mind posting up the content of the e-mail please?

I wonder is the 'vacuum hose' actually the vacuum pump in the brake servo that failed on me and that has apparently initiated a recall of Hyundai ix35 1.7D's manufactured betweenOctober 2010 and April 2011?

If yours is 10 months old, it sounds possible that it was manufactured within that period. Maybe someone in the know could confirm the typical length of time between manufacturing and delivery?

Thanks,

Barry

Edited by: Baz53

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Baz53,

The email was just to tell me I might have recalls and tocontact the dealer. The details of what they might be came from my telephone conversation. Anyway, the car is booked in on Wednesday for its first service so I will let you know what they do re the 'recall' items.

Chris

·
Registered
84 Posts
had a email today to say, Important Information - Kia Recall, Please be aware your vehicle registration ........ may be subject to a recall, please speak to a service advisor to see if this is the case ASAP. I rang the dealership to ask them and they have 3 updates for my KX3 - Sat Nav, (1) Software update for the Sat Nav, (2) possible problem with the luggage cover in the boot, (3) update for the ECU, my car is now booked in on the 7th February to have these done as well as my new replacement driver's seat.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Barry,

As promised I said I would post after the service.

Kia Swindon were very good. £139 for the service I think is good value. Anyway, there were 3 'recall' items:

1) adjustment to the sunroof - was told that there was in fact a technical service bulleting issued by Kia

2) Sat nav map up-date (requires Kia usb memory stick)

3) ECU up-dates

Not sure if it is my imagination but the car now runs smootherand is much quieter.

Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live in Swindon too. Were Fish Brothers good?

Out of interest what model do you have? I have a white 1.7 3 Sat Nav and really need the nav update!

What colour is it? Might have seen you driving about!

Cheers, Rols.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Rols,

Fishbros seemed good to me. Made me a coffee and dropped me off at work. Always kept me up-to-date as to when the car would be ready. Car was not cleaned and washed after service but then at £139 for a full 12k service + up-dates I didn't expect it.

Mine is a 1.7sat nav 3 in storm silver. Is yours parked in David Llyods sometimes?

Cheers, Chris

PS The ECU up-date has made a real difference to the slow speed drive. Much less rattle and noise and very smooth pull up to 40mph. Very happy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Chris
You said 12k Service, but the service interval on the new Sportage is every 20k or one year which ever comes sooner.

Am I right in thinking yours is one year ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Robman,

Actually not one year until April and you are correct about the 20k service interval but with the recalls I wanted some reassurance all was ok. I also wanted the sunroof wind noise sorted. It's now fine. Not sure what the TSB did but it is seating down on the seal much better. Before with just a slight upward pressure on the glass I could get wind to rush in!

Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Chris,

I got a call to bring mine in for a recall last Friday. They said there was a modified vaccum pump to be fitted in the brake servo which is good news. I'm also going to get a one year service done while it's in.

Thanks,

Barry

1 - 20 of 22 Posts