Kia Owners Club Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's strange as it should have been picked up before they sold it (as it was a known issue 3 months ago) as it was only a batch that had the issue.
Was the car sold by a Kia dealer?
Kia dealer, they are saying mine wasn’t listed as needing the recall.

·
Registered
981 Posts
They told me that mine wasn’t listed as needing the recall. I’ve also read on threads that once it’s screeching it can damage the whole engine? The noise was awful! The garage are waiting from instructions from Kia on what to do. I’ve seen diesel Sportages advertised that aren’t MHEV?
Yes, the older ones. The current generation are all petrol or MHEV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had an email from the dealer today :
"Recall 200S33
Recall QLe 1.6UIII MHEV - MHSG Tensioner Replacement And Crankshaft Sprocket Bolt Tightening Torque Increase"
Will phone tomorrow to arrange the work!
Am I right in thinking that I could get this done at any Kia dealer, and not the one I bought from?

Cheers
Get it done ASAP. I've just had a new crankshaft, tensioner, bearings ect on our Sportage with 6,800 miles on it. Kia had it for over 7 weeks.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I'm really glad I traded mine in. Haven't regretted it so far

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wasn't told there was a recall for this, my car was only in for a service last Friday, today driving along and it felt like the car was braking and there was a rubber squealing noise, this happened 4 times in about 5 miles.
Since the car was only serviced 3 days ago I took it straight in.
They say it was a good job I took it in as the tensioner was no good and it could have trashed my engine.
The part is on backorder apparently which is why it wasn't changed last Friday but I wish I'd been told about it.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Since the car was only serviced 3 days ago I took it straight in.
They say it was a good job I took it in as the tensioner was no good and it could have trashed my engine.
The part is on backorder apparently which is why it wasn't changed last Friday but I wish I'd been told about it.
I cannot believe that a KIA dealer serviced your vehicle in the full knowledge available to them that there is a recall on your model which is designed to save KIA having to supply a new engine........and then letting you drive the vehicle away again without mentioning it!!

You should have been provided with a courtesy car; alternatively, they should have organised a hire car at no cost to you and they should have kept your vehicle until the part on order became available and they could perform the work required.

Edited by iooi as not applicable to thread.

Let's just hope that your engine doesn't explode into an irrecoverable, mangled pile of metal before the dealer gets around to performing the recall work. Good luck!

Reactions: kia62

·
Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
7,466 Posts
Right folks.

Remember this is a friendly place. (y)

Post edited & deleted to keep on track. Thank You.

Reactions: kia62 and KevG57
41 - 48 of 48 Posts