Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an email from the dealer today :
"Recall 200S33
Recall QLe 1.6UIII MHEV - MHSG Tensioner Replacement And Crankshaft Sprocket Bolt Tightening Torque Increase"
Will phone tomorrow to arrange the work!
Am I right in thinking that I could get this done at any Kia dealer, and not the one I bought from?

Cheers

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
750 Posts
Yes that’s right. Any kia dealership will do warranty work. You don’t have to use the garage you bought car from.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Had an email from the dealer today :
"Recall 200S33
Recall QLe 1.6UIII MHEV - MHSG Tensioner Replacement And Crankshaft Sprocket Bolt Tightening Torque Increase"
Will phone tomorrow to arrange the work!
Am I right in thinking that I could get this done at any Kia dealer, and not the one I bought from?

Cheers
Can I ask how old your car is? I have been told by KCS and my dealer that my 70 plate version is not listed for the work to be done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Can I ask how old your car is? I have been told by KCS and my dealer that my 70 plate version is not listed for the work to be done.

I have a 70 reg Sportage 1.6 diesel mild Hybrid ‘GT Line S’ Auto AWD (collected new at the end of January) and on the ‘My Kia’ website it shows that there is a ‘Service Action’.

Have you joined ‘My Kia’ and set it up with your vehicle details?

MyKia | Register

to see if a ‘Service Action’ is showing for your vehicle on there?

When I contacted my dealer about an audio problem I was having (for which there is a separate TSB) they mentioned the ‘service action’ and said mine needed the tensioner update.

It is booked in next Thursday for both the tensioner and audio update.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Have you joined ‘My Kia’ and set it up with your vehicle details?

MyKia | Register

to see if a ‘Service Action’ is showing for your vehicle on there?
Yes I have. There is nothing there that I can find. My car is exactly the same model as yours, but registered in September last year. I have had the audio problem fixed but both the dealer and KCS have informed me that are no outstanding campaigns for my car. The only scenario I can come up with is that they sneakily fixed it without telling me when they asked to keep the car for 2 days when they replaced one of the cameras under warranty .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes I have. There is nothing there that I can find. My car is exactly the same model as yours, but registered in September last year. I have had the audio problem fixed but both the dealer and KCS have informed me that are no outstanding campaigns for my car. The only scenario I can come up with is that they sneakily fixed it without telling me when they asked to keep the car for 2 days when they replaced one of the cameras under warranty .

I have just had my 20 reg in today for a safety recall re the brake cylinder and they have done my tensioner replacement, it was down as a service action, I knew nothing about it.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I have just had my 20 reg in today for a safety recall re the brake cylinder and they have done my tensioner replacement, it was down as a service action, I knew nothing about it.
I had some other warranty work done in January and they kept the car longer than they needed to. I either don't need it or they've already done it without telling me I guess.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Mine was due in today for the tensioner recall (and the audio problem software update) but the dealership cancelled yesterday as the Kia 'Master Technician' is off with a Covid related problem!

Now re-booked in for 8th of April.

I just hope the tensioner doesn't go 'bang' before then!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine was due in today for the tensioner recall (and the audio problem software update) but the dealership cancelled yesterday as the Kia 'Master Technician' is off with a Covid related problem!

Now re-booked in for 8th of April.

I just hope the tensioner doesn't go 'bang' before then!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally found someone else having the same problems as me. Just typed this in another post but here goes.

I bought a 69 plate Auto mild hybrid on the 17th March. Managed to drive it about 50 miles before it broke down. Back to the garage it went and its been there ever since.

The AA guy that turned up advised to take it back to the garage it was a crankshaft problem they had a flag against. My noise was more of a swishing noise though whenever the vehicle went from charging to battery power.

It needs a full new engine apparently so looks like I wont be getting my car any time soon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had some other warranty work done in January and they kept the car longer than they needed to. I either don't need it or they've already done it without telling me I guess.

Hi Alan, finally got my tensioner replaced the other day, very secretive! Not allowed to photograph the part or the service paperwork! I think yours must of been replaced already.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi Alan, finally got my tensioner replaced the other day, very secretive! Not allowed to photograph the part or the service paperwork! I think yours must of been replaced already.
Thanks for the update, glad it's been done for you. They wanted to (and did) keep the car for 2 days to replace the camera behind the mirror. I suspect that it might have been done then, as it surely can't take 2 days to swap a camera over.

·
Registered
2020 sportage 1.6 crdi isg 2 mhev manual
10 Posts
Thanks for the update, glad it's been done for you. They wanted to (and did) keep the car for 2 days to replace the camera behind the mirror. I suspect that it might have been done then, as it surely can't take 2 days to swap a camera over.

Hi guys, new to site and sorry to jump in. I bought a 20 plate sportage 1.6 crdi isg 2 mhev with 12k on the clock. The day after i bought it it started making a loud squealing noise, not knowing what it was I drove it back to the kia dealership, 2 salesman took it for a drive and ended up pushing it back to the showroom, cambelt had slipped and caused engine damage. I told them I don't want that car back and picked up a like for like but with only 6k miles on the clock last week, I was told there was a recall for the 1st car which hadn't been actioned and they said there's no recall for the new car I have so it's not affected by the problem.

So, my question is, is it possible to have 2 cars of the same year and same engine but only one of them to have the recall?
Completely paranoid listening to every sound the engine makes.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Sportage 2017 (67) 1.7 crdi manual
341 Posts
Hi guys, new to site and sorry to jump in. I bought a 20 plate sportage 1.6 crdi isg 2 mhev with 12k on the clock. The day after i bought it it started making a loud squealing noise, not knowing what it was I drove it back to the kia dealership, 2 salesman took it for a drive and ended up pushing it back to the showroom, cambelt had slipped and caused engine damage. I told them I don't want that car back and picked up a like for like but with only 6k miles on the clock last week, I was told there was a recall for the 1st car which hadn't been actioned and they said there's no recall for the new car I have so it's not affected by the problem.

So, my question is, is it possible to have 2 cars of the same year and same engine but only one of them to have the recall?
Completely paranoid listening to every sound the engine makes.

Thanks in advance.
Check the gov.uk website for recalls. Should tell you on there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check the gov.uk website for recalls. Should tell you on there.
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have checked gov.uk website with the reg and it says "no recalls" however it also said this for the old vehicle which had a recall which showed up on mykia.
The salesman said my new car doesn't have a recall as it had either been done or doesn't need doing but the service dept then said the recalls for the crankshaft retorque had been closed/stopped and the dealership can't make any more claims to kia relating to this problem.
I think we just need peace of mind that this isn't going to happen to all these engines and some might just be ok.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
Sportage 2017 (67) 1.7 crdi manual
341 Posts
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have checked gov.uk website with the reg and it says "no recalls" however it also said this for the old vehicle which had a recall which showed up on mykia.
The salesman said my new car doesn't have a recall as it had either been done or doesn't need doing but the service dept then said the recalls for the crankshaft retorque had been closed/stopped and the dealership can't make any more claims to kia relating to this problem.
I think we just need peace of mind that this isn't going to happen to all these engines and some might just be ok.

Thanks again.
Seems dodgy if they know there is an issue but have stopped doing the repairs. Try messaging kcs on here. They csn check your cars recall status. Possibly check if the recall has been resolved on your new car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seems dodgy if they know there is an issue but have stopped doing the repairs. Try messaging kcs on here. They csn check your cars recall status. Possibly check if the recall has been resolved on your new car.
Ok I'll do that, thanks for the advice, appreciate it.

Andy

1 - 20 of 48 Posts