Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an email from the dealer today :
"Recall 200S33
Recall QLe 1.6UIII MHEV - MHSG Tensioner Replacement And Crankshaft Sprocket Bolt Tightening Torque Increase"
Will phone tomorrow to arrange the work!
Am I right in thinking that I could get this done at any Kia dealer, and not the one I bought from?

Cheers

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yes that’s right. Any kia dealership will do warranty work. You don’t have to use the garage you bought car from.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Had an email from the dealer today :
"Recall 200S33
Recall QLe 1.6UIII MHEV - MHSG Tensioner Replacement And Crankshaft Sprocket Bolt Tightening Torque Increase"
Will phone tomorrow to arrange the work!
Am I right in thinking that I could get this done at any Kia dealer, and not the one I bought from?

Cheers
Can I ask how old your car is? I have been told by KCS and my dealer that my 70 plate version is not listed for the work to be done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Can I ask how old your car is? I have been told by KCS and my dealer that my 70 plate version is not listed for the work to be done.

I have a 70 reg Sportage 1.6 diesel mild Hybrid ‘GT Line S’ Auto AWD (collected new at the end of January) and on the ‘My Kia’ website it shows that there is a ‘Service Action’.

Have you joined ‘My Kia’ and set it up with your vehicle details?

MyKia | Register

to see if a ‘Service Action’ is showing for your vehicle on there?

When I contacted my dealer about an audio problem I was having (for which there is a separate TSB) they mentioned the ‘service action’ and said mine needed the tensioner update.

It is booked in next Thursday for both the tensioner and audio update.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Have you joined ‘My Kia’ and set it up with your vehicle details?

MyKia | Register

to see if a ‘Service Action’ is showing for your vehicle on there?
Yes I have. There is nothing there that I can find. My car is exactly the same model as yours, but registered in September last year. I have had the audio problem fixed but both the dealer and KCS have informed me that are no outstanding campaigns for my car. The only scenario I can come up with is that they sneakily fixed it without telling me when they asked to keep the car for 2 days when they replaced one of the cameras under warranty .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes I have. There is nothing there that I can find. My car is exactly the same model as yours, but registered in September last year. I have had the audio problem fixed but both the dealer and KCS have informed me that are no outstanding campaigns for my car. The only scenario I can come up with is that they sneakily fixed it without telling me when they asked to keep the car for 2 days when they replaced one of the cameras under warranty .

I have just had my 20 reg in today for a safety recall re the brake cylinder and they have done my tensioner replacement, it was down as a service action, I knew nothing about it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have just had my 20 reg in today for a safety recall re the brake cylinder and they have done my tensioner replacement, it was down as a service action, I knew nothing about it.
I had some other warranty work done in January and they kept the car longer than they needed to. I either don't need it or they've already done it without telling me I guess.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Mine was due in today for the tensioner recall (and the audio problem software update) but the dealership cancelled yesterday as the Kia 'Master Technician' is off with a Covid related problem!

Now re-booked in for 8th of April.

I just hope the tensioner doesn't go 'bang' before then!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine was due in today for the tensioner recall (and the audio problem software update) but the dealership cancelled yesterday as the Kia 'Master Technician' is off with a Covid related problem!

Now re-booked in for 8th of April.

I just hope the tensioner doesn't go 'bang' before then!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts