Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have just called Kia dealership and they have spoken to Kia this morning. Parts for the Stinger are available, but parts for the Sportage are not at the moment.
They also said that there had been no instances of any cars catching alight in Australia to date. The same most probably will apply to the UK as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Had my recall notice yesterday, I've been told by Ken Jervis Kia that it's a 15min fix and I'm popping in after work on the 11th. 👍🏼

I'll update after, just to confirm the time taken.

I believe this is the reason for the recall:

"The electrical circuit within the HECU (hydraulic electronic control unit) may experience a short circuit condition.

The resulting excessive current can cause a fire in the engine compartment, and consequently, increase the risk of an accident.

The 2018 and 2019 Model Year Kia Stinger vehicles affected by this recall were manufactured between 25 January 2018 and 28 June 2019.

Kia recall code: 201121
Affected models: Stinger
Vehicle numbers: 15 000
"

·
Registered
182 Posts
Had my recall notice yesterday, I've been told by Ken Jervis Kia that it's a 15min fix and I'm popping in after work on the 11th. 👍🏼

I'll update after, just to confirm the time taken.

I believe this is the reason for the recall:

"The electrical circuit within the HECU (hydraulic electronic control unit) may experience a short circuit condition.

The resulting excessive current can cause a fire in the engine compartment, and consequently, increase the risk of an accident.

The 2018 and 2019 Model Year Kia Stinger vehicles affected by this recall were manufactured between 25 January 2018 and 28 June 2019.

Kia recall code: 201121
Affected models: Stinger
Vehicle numbers: 15 000
"
I had my letter through last week and booked in tomorrow for it to be sorted. They said it will take no longer than 30 minutes to fix.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just had my 20000 km service today and the recall was done at the same time. It is really only a stop gap measure as they disconnect the 2 X 40 amp fuses, extend the wiring and put 2 X 25 amp fuses in another spot in the fuse box. Apparently the abs module that is problematic is only fitted to some cars but they must not know which ones. The wiring is only 12 gauge so the 40 amp fuse does not blow before the wires melt . Now the 25 amp fuse will blow first. Lets hope that if the module breaks down it happens under warranty.

Reactions: Banzibarn
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.