Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with the rear washers squirting water straight out to the rear instead of onto the rear screen?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought but it is non adjustable. So had to buy a new high level brake light unit to get the washers working!!!!!!!!!!!!! £82.69 with fitting. Good value or what!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was hoping it would be repaired under warranty but Kia refused to do it. Saying I had attempted an unauthorised repair. The lens unit was coming away from the fitting all around the light and to get the washer working I applied a small blob of glue where the washer unit was.This worked okay untill I visited my dealer on return from holiday. Never mind, fool me once shame on Kia! Fool me twice shame on me!!!!!! Warranty issue still a work in progress for me. So be warned. Ifyour Kiabreaks down make sure that only Kia attempt to get it working again even if you are in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well there is a campaign for a replacement light if you have this problem, any Kia dealer will know if they pay attention to the info they get. KIA would not refuse the replacement only the Dealer would, sounds like they have fooled you a third time and rippped you off.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The dealers get al the info, usually before there is ever a problem so I know it is definatly dealer laziness and ignorance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dealer is Marsh Kia Taunton. I have written to Kia customer services and they are adament no warranty claim is allowed. Please give me details of other owners problems with this unit. Thanks, Andy.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
James are you from Inverness. Its a nice spot up there. I go to a place called Portmahomack over in Easter Ross for a couple of holidays a year and stay in the caravan on the wee free church site. Been going there for 51 years now since I was one year old. Luv it. Its a great place and area for touring about on the bike.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi davy,no im from skye but am over in inverness quite a bit,(more so than ever since owning the venga!) but the east coast is lovely, i want to jusat get in the car one nice day and drive all the way from inverness round to montrose,and just camp out at night or sleep in the car,sounds appealing. where are you from Davy and what car do you own?Note to site owners-sorry for hijacking the thread :)

James.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Steve I'm from Johnstone about 8 miles west of Glasgow Airport. I had a Mentor then a couple of Ceeds and then a Rio diesel but now I have a Seat Leon TDI.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Mr Kia, I gather other owners have had this fault occuring then.
Is there a service bulletin out yet? Any information would be useful to me in my quest for a refund of money paid.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow Andreas,

That's a horrendous price to pay for a bit of plastic....& that was six years ago!!

I have just repaired mine for the second time with the first repair using Evostick lasting about 2 years.

I am now out of warranty but cleaned all the old glue off & then used Superglue to get an accurate alignment & initial fixing. I then mixed up some GRP resin [Isopon] and overlaid the seam with a thin film of resin all round which should solve the problem.

As you say the first indication of this failure is that the rear screen wash misses the glass due to the change in alignment of the nozzle which is attached to, & protrudes through the plastic high level brake light body/lens.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts