Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
The rear hatch lift window on my wifes sportage seems to be loose..rattles and lifts slightly when rear door is closed shut.

I've tugged it to be sure and i don't think it will come open by itself but wondered if there's anything i could look at tightening maybe to get it latched more securely?

Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi all,
The rear hatch lift window on my wifes sportage seems to be loose..rattles and lifts slightly when rear door is closed shut.

I've tugged it to be sure and i don't think it will come open by itself but wondered if there's anything i could look at tightening maybe to get it latched more securely?

Thanks
I had a similar problem with a Peugeot tailgate. Turned out that there should have been a plastic sleeve on the pillar that engages in the latch. I wrapped it in insulation tape as a temporary measure. An other possibility is that the rubber door seal has split or worn and is not providing enough pressure on the hatches. Or the lock may need adjusting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a similar problem with a Peugeot tailgate. Turned out that there should have been a plastic sleeve on the pillar that engages in the latch. I wrapped it in insulation tape as a temporary measure. An other possibility is that the rubber door seal has split or worn and is not providing enough pressure on the hatches. Or the lock may need adjusting.
Thanks for your reply. The seal looks quite well actually i did check that. I'll take a look at the pilar that engages the latch! Not sure on adjusting locks.

·
Banned
5,227 Posts
You could try adjusting the tailgate landing bumpers. A black rubbery "knob" one in each corner at the bottom of the tailgate (open tailgate and look up at the inside edge at the bottom) They can be screwed in and out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.