Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every time i go over a bump or hole in the road i hear a loud creaking noise from the rear suspension on my 08 2wd sportage diesel any clues anyone ? cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi mines the same i put it down to the sub zero temps at the moment i think the same happened last winter when it gets a bit warmer it should go away

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've just had the same problem with my May 2010 Titan - the dealer (Verve Bathgate) said they've had 3 or 4 in exhibiting the same symptoms, really noisy creaking from the rear suspension whennegotiating traffic calming 'obstacles'. The temperature in Scotland has been -15 degs C and lower and, apparently, the rear anti-roll bar rubber bushes fitted as new could not cope- presumably the rubber compound was not up to the job. The solution was to replace the rubber busheswhich todate has certainly solved the problem. The grease solution proposed by Viking Paul may work in 'tropical' Southampton, but not in Scotland!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would these bushes cause any handling issues with Sportage?

I have similar noise which is going back into dealer for the 3rd timeon Monday. But I think the handling at the rear is a bit off.

Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
I certainly did not experience any handling problems - the car ran perfectly well on normal road surfaces, only producing creaking noises on traffic calming bumps.

I would not have thought that anti-roll bar bushes would affect normal handling, perhaps only whencornering at speed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
murphwiz said:
Theres a bulletin covering it, new bushes.

Do you have more info on this bulletin. I have checked through the kiatech website but can't find any info on this.

Local Kia dealer greased up rear bushes which removed the noise for 2 days, so any help would be gratefull.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you go to the kia-forums.com website you will find it in the 2005-2010 sportage section.

I to could not find it on the kia globle information website,but on the above, the PDF shows everything needed.

My sportage does the same in very cold weather i am just not going to have it took apart for a noise!

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gazcaz said:
My sportage does the same in very cold weather i am just not going to have it took apart for a noise!
I would certainly have it attended to - noise equals something wrong, in particular rubber bushes wearing. Eventually they will fail and cost more to fix than replacing them now e.g. damage to the ARB.

My repair was done under warranty and took approximately 1 hour of labour. I know, since I waited at the dealer till it was fixed. I cannot imagine the bushes themselves are very expensive, and you will get new, improved ones.

·
Registered
288 Posts

Noise from Rear Suspension Over Rough Roads

Some Sportage vehicles may produce a light popping or thumping noise from the rear
while driving over rough roads or broken pavement. This concern may also be more
noticeable in colder temperatures. If you encounter this concern, replace the rear strut
(shock) insulator on the affected side with the improved part number as shown below.
Improved parts have been modified with a softer rubber compound which isolates shock
and noise produced by the strut during normal movement. This improved rubber
compound will also maintain its insulating properties better in colder temperature.
Replace the insulator and then test drive to verify the repair.
PRODUCTION DATE RANGE

All 2008-2009 Sportage vehicles produced up to 07/20/2008
PART INFORMATION
PART
NUMBER
DESCRIPTION QUANTITY

55310 1F000 Rear Insulator, Strut (Shock - LH) 1

55320 1F000 Rear Insulator, S trut (Shock - RH) 1

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi,
Like murphwiz said, there is a bulletin regarding noise from rear ARB bushes, as well as the bulletin mentioned above.

As for the ARB bushes, new bushes available under warranty,they are bothmentioned in 'technical update April 2010' which your local dealer has access to!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sportage back into Kia dealer again today. Even took a copy of bulletin with me.

4th attempt to get this resolved. See if they get changed over this time.

Steve

·
Registered
197 Posts
Had the bushes done today under warranty as the 'creaking' over bumps was getting worse (not sure which bushes were changed but I suspect the anti-roll bar). I mentioned the noise when the car was in for its first MOT....it didn't raise any MOT issues but the garage asked me to book the car in again for the bushes. Took a bit under an hour to do.

The creaking has gone and while I may be imagining this, the car feels 'tighter' at the back end over pot holes.

Thanks to all who have posted information on this otherwise I may have ignored the noise. Thumbs up for the forum.
Edited by: Blow-in

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gazcaz said:
If you go to the kia-forums.com website you will find it in the 2005-2010 sportage section.

I to could not find it on the kia globle information website,but on the above, the PDF shows everything needed.

Hope this helps.

i am agree..........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts