Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've a 06 GSE 4x4 petrol with 75k miles on it. I've had it fir three months and in that time it's been bank to the dealer for a new clutch, camshaft sensor, speed sensor, tracking and that's all done under his warranty.

I've always complained that there is a rattle from the rear when going over uneven roads at moderate < 30 mph but he said it was checked and was fine. I'm going to get it checked soon but I wondered what anyone thought? Last three cars were 3 series BMW and I had the front bushes replaced on them all so I know what the noise sounds like ;)

Aside from that I have a rattle when around 2000 rpm if I'm in a gear that is normally 2-3 or 4. Particularly when cornering or going round a roundabout etc. It's coming from underneath the body, doesn't sound like the engine more like the exhaust, any suggestions?

Finally, when at motorway speeds if I turn the wheel I get squealing from the brakes, I know it's them as if I apply the brake it stops. I'm wondering if the discs themselves are worn, the brakes squeak when stopping all the time. I imagine they are original. Any suggestions for replacement discs and pads?

Thanks,

Matt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Matt,
I have a 10 plate XS 4X4 with 11000 on clock.
I have also experienced a rattle as you describe but find at that relevant time I am in a slightly higher gear than required. Dropping a gear solves the problem especially on bend or roundabout. Its never been a problem for me and just accept it.
As far as your brakes are concerned I had the same problem with anX/Trail and it was the discs which were needing replaced.
Hope this helps.
Perhaps others will also assist.

Regards,

Archie.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I agree that the brake noise sounds like warped discs.
I had my rear suspension rebushed under warranty - there is a known issue of the original bushes making a noise in cold weather (more of a squeek than a rattle....and it's not cold in any case).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same noise from the rear on my 05 Sportage.

It was fixed by replacing the top rear suspension mountings (top of the MacPherson Struts). Apparently these allow movement and wear over time, especially if you do a lot of towing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts