Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to change the speakers in the rear of my '07 Sedona (Carnival) and it look slike I've got to remove the entire rear trim panel to do it? Can anyone confirm/deny this before I start trying to remove the humungous rear trim panel!

·
Registered
13 Posts
your going to have to remove most of the trim from the luggage area.
i had most out to fit the recievers for the cargo screen.

rear seatbelt bolts will need to come out to remove panels as well

·
Registered
195 Posts
its not that difficult TBH, once you get all the screws/bolts out, just work round the edge (I used aputty knife) to release the spring clips, just be aware the plastic is quite thin so will break easier than some.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I didn't end up doing it as the speakers I had were 5-inch round jobbies and the fitted ones were oval and bigger. Plus which, when I took a good look at them they appeared to be quite good quality ones and once I'd done a full up 'sound check' one night at work I decided that they were plenty good enough for my ageing ears!
I had to take the panel off anyway to fit the wiring for the 12S socket on the towbar, and it's not something I'd do for fun, but it does come off OK, but as the previous poster said the plastic ain't very thick so be careful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts