Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Had our new pic 3 for a couple of months now. It's hard to find fault with it and in general we are pleased with the purchase. However, I have posted a couple of requests in other topic/posted areas re poor quality of the rear speakers but have now decided to create a headed post regarding the problem. Using the infotainment system you can adjust the sound output to suit the car's cabin. Using the screen toggle it's possible to check output per speaker - which we have done. The result is that the rear speakers have an output approximately 5% of the front speakers. In reality the rears, that is just the rears and not the front, can be hardly heard above the engine noise.
Now, is this the same on all pic 3's or pics with rear speakers, or have we got a problem with our car?
If this is the norm for the pic sound system - then it's not fit for purpose! Please check for us and drop a line in this post. Cheers.
:glasses:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've got the GT with mine set halfway on the middle rear passengers seats and mine great. My equaliser is also set on mid but will agree that the rear a quieter than the front but all speakers need to be used to create the zone.

What quality MP3 are you using?

I'm thinking you need to report this to your dealer next service!

Out of interest, do you have surround sound at home as you normally don't have the rears blasting with that either.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I find the sound system in this car is horrid.
But I’m used to Bose systems in my Mercs.
So... not a fair comparison.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Using the infotainment system you can adjust the sound output to suit the car's cabin. Using the screen toggle it's possible to check output per speaker - which we have done. The result is that the rear speakers have an output approximately 5% of the front speakers. In reality the rears, that is just the rears and not the front, can be hardly heard above the engine noise.

You need to adjust the rears to be higher than the front. As they are further away from you. Mine is set 40/60% bias to the rear.

You just have to remember that it will deafen anyone sat in the back... :surprise:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the GT with mine set halfway on the middle rear passengers seats and mine great. My equaliser is also set on mid but will agree that the rear a quieter than the front but all speakers need to be used to create the zone.

What quality MP3 are you using?

I'm thinking you need to report this to your dealer next service!

Out of interest, do you have surround sound at home as you normally don't have the rears blasting with that either.
Using either Spotify with android phone or radio the results are the same - 5% out of the back speakers. Definitely something wrong.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to adjust the rears to be higher than the front. As they are further away from you. Mine is set 40/60% bias to the rear.

You just have to remember that it will deafen anyone sat in the back... :surprise:
We have had various cars with similar adjustments for their sound systems and found they worked well. With 40/60 ration there is nothing coming out of the rear speakers. In fact with 100% on rear it can just be heard - and when engine running and sound volume on max = can not be heard.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
We have had various cars with similar adjustments for their sound systems and found they worked well. With 40/60 ration there is nothing coming out of the rear speakers. In fact with 100% on rear it can just be heard - and when engine running and sound volume on max = can not be heard.
Take it back to dealer then, as there maybe a issue.

Is this over radio & other music?

Daughters Picanto is fine even on factory setting. As when sat in back you can here music fine, but not folks up front talking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Shooter,

Did you get to the bottom of this issue please ? I suspect my 2018 Sportage has the exact same issue.

Thanks
Alan
(topbloke801)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shooter,

Did you get to the bottom of this issue please ? I suspect my 2018 Sportage has the exact same issue.

Thanks
Alan
(topbloke801)
Not yet bud. Took a while to get my space saver sorted out and then one of my daughter's decided to move in with her family while they got their new house built. Everything kind of got in the way - will let it go and will sort it out on the first service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts