Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All I am new to this forum but can you help

Kia Rio 1.3 52 plate I have a real bad rattle coming from the rear I can only think it is the shocks I think they are a problem on this model

Can anyone tell me where I can source a couple I am having a problem with my local factors

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes this is a common problem, but easy to fix, the gas shockers are readily available (ALSO FIT MAZDA) part No GB2475 - GBA Premier, expect to pay arround £40 Each.
They are easy to change if you have some tools, namely a socket set, you need a 14mm & a 17mm socket, you dont even need to take the wheel off, just jack the car up enough to expose the top bolts under the wheel arch (14mm X2) and the bottom bolt in accessable from behind (17mm) Dave C

·
Registered
328 Posts
I suspect this is what my car has (09 rio) as well.
As I have a rattle coming from the back passenger side.

Its currently in the garage being worked on as I speak.

The courtesy car is not too bad (Venga 1.4L).
Does not go like my Diesel Rio though (already miss it).

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Diddy, are you sure it's coming from the shocks? On my MY10 Rio I get a loud knocking sound coming from the rear passengerarea when going over bumpy roads at relatively low speeds. It seems to be coming from the rear seats. When the back seats are folded forwards the knocking sound vanishes.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Nah it was the rear shock absorber on the passenger side.

All fixed under warranty from Kia.
Glad to have my car back.
The Venga was ok but drank fuel like it was going out of fashion (compared to the Diesel Rio).
Average estimate across the tank was initially reported to be 23.8 mpg.
After I had finished with it yesterday it went up to 28mpg
Still bad though for a 1.4L car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts