Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've tried looking in the search function but no joy.
I have a 2008 Titan 2.5CRDi Sorento which is sitting 25mm lower (unloaded) on the right hand side.
I suspect the shock has failed as the springs are in good order.
My question is how can I tell if I have self levelling suspension fitted? From what I've seen on here it would suggest that the self levelling suspension wasn't fitted after 07?
I've had the car on the ramps today and can't see any part numbers/stickers to identify which shocks are fitted. Both are the top pin, bottom loop style and both of the dust covers on them are in poor condition.
I've seen the kits on Peddars website but don't want to buy the whole kit if I only need standard shocks
Would really appreciate some help as soon as possible as I have had to leave my caravan in Dorset temporarily and need to get this sorted asap!

Cheers Griff

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Self leveling not on your motor only the MK1 model. Peddars complete kit is less than half the price of self levelling shock. I have had sorentos with and without self levelling towing the same caravan and could not tell a scrap of difference. Present Santa Fe does not have it either. Its Overrated.

Reactions: Phil in Wales

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. Mine is a Mk1 model but as its a Titan may have the levelling suspension fitted. Some of the later higher spec car did apparently with this part number 553003E520.
My point being if it doesn't have the stupid suspension fitted then I only need to buy shocks not an entire kit making it quite a bit cheaper

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
If yours is mk 1 preface lift it will have self levelling therefore cheapest way is fit Peddars as you will then have all new springs and shocks which I would recommend to towing caravan.But 08 should be facelift non levelling unless your motor was old stock MK I registered late. I have been towing caravans for 48 years and the Sorento with self levelling no difference noticed. Present Santa Fe non self levelling tows excellently.
Just a thought what engine do you have. If it is 138BHP it will be self levelling. The facelift is 168 BHP which is not self levelling

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.