Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 2.9 Auto.
Has anyone had any problems with the rear shocker top bushes?

I have had a real annoying rattle from the rear for the past few weeks and I thought it was the spare wheel carrier, cause it seemed to start when I removed it to fit a towbar.

Anyway, it isnt, its the drivers side rear shocker top bolt rattling in the mounting.
If you grab it and move it side to side, it is lose and you can make it hit the mounting.
The other side is fine and just rocks in the rubber.

thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, a bit of google and its a common problem.Anyone know where I can get just the bushes from, besides kia?

or a part number if I have to go through kia

thx

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,120 Posts
Hi m623d, if you can't get the bushes seperately3rd partyshockers are availiable here
http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/Products.aspx?CategoryID=55120

Lots cheaper than Kia parts to which they are of equal or better spec and come with a 2 yr warranty. I used them on my Rio and can recommend highly. Oh, and I have now't to do with them!!Hope youfind the bushes tho'.
Phil

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that, but I really dont want to replace shocks just because of a little rubber bush!

There must be some bushes that will fit?

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,120 Posts
Thank goodness for that! On the 01-05 Rio the bushes are captive and once they are shot so is the whole shocker. The job looks straight forward on the Sedona.
Phil

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just collected my bushes from Kia
part no. K0K72A28799 - E29B1 Plate Rubber - £8.83 inc vat for 4

Edited by: m623d

1 - 7 of 7 Posts