Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on with the front end of the 2015 1.0 Picanto we have and thought I'd loosen the lower end of the rear shocks to test their health. Bolt is tight as hell. Had to use 1/2" breaker bar to get it out half way so have left it dowsed in DW40 for 24 hours so ease off.

Its weird that a shocker bolt is so tight all the way. Wired brushed the bolt end thread and DW40'd before starting but still damn tight.

·
Registered
912 Posts
probably rust, but some are deformed, not circular, as a form of anti-vibration resistance. May as well put in new bolts to make it easier next time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The inner bush had a grip of the bolt. Eventually it let go and the bolt came out but did take a lot of winding out with breaker bar and socket. Cleaned the bolt with the bench wire brush and applied grease then it slid straight back in. The nut is welded to the subframe so I pity anyone if the bolt snap when trying to get it out. When I install shocks, I apply rubber grease to the bolt shaft, leaving enough dry thread for the nut to grip on then when tightened in, dab both ends of the bolt with grease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts