Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get hold of the parts at the moment, and get my mechanic to fix but I've got to drive 200 miles to customer and not sure if I can get it fixed beforehand.

Looking at rear shock, it looks like the top bit (bushes?) including a rubber bit is lose and the shock is rattling around. When driving, it gets really rattly.

I guess whats happening is when I hit a bump I'm not getting the dampening I should get.

It seems to be handling OK at the moment but I dont want to drive if its unsafe....Heres a pic (its not my car but it shows the area)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top pic is good side. Bottom pic is bad side.

Does look like top nut is just loose. But the bottom mount bit does look a little different shape on bottom pic - as if someone has been doing nut too tight and bent it.

Hmmm. Its rattling because top nut is not holding inside strut in place and its moving around/up down.

In terms of damping, is this done by pressing against bottom of mount? surely top nut is just to hold it all in place?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem,but cant find where to buy the bushes, have you or anybody on this forum know where i can get them , thank you

·
Registered
310 Posts
Think you can get replacement bushes from Kia, it is ok to drive for a short while, but will wear the stud if ignored for a long time and the rattling is annoying.
You quite often find the lower bush has all but vanished which is why you get a gap at the top, disco's have the same issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts