Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an issue with the passenger side rear seat puller on pulling the handle to release seat the handle and webbing pulled straight through the chair.
Iapproached the dealer of purchase for price and info i was quoted £120 and a week without the car as they reckoned it was a common fault usual reply and the seat would have to be removed to be repaired.

well dont pay any attention to that or spend the £120 here is the fix which i discovered on investigation.

The side to the seat cover close to the handle and the chair mechanism unclips carefully pull fabric cover to reveal the mechanism for releasing the seat on which you will notice a lazer cut peice of metal (very Sharp) this is the problem as the webbing strap connects to this and the metal just cuts through it. So I stitched and glued the webbing back together the using an old keyring i took the metal ring threaded that throught the loop of the repaired webbing threaded the webbing throught the slot in the the chair cover and reattached to the mechanism arm thus avoiding nuisance cutting on the webbing a metal washer would probably be stronger than the ring but it still works fine.
now just clip the cover back in place and ud never know the difference

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice detailed post, been mentioned several times before but always good to know of a cheap fix. Yes, it's sharp behind there, ask my hand!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had an issue with the passenger side rear seat puller on pulling the handle to release seat the handle and webbing pulled straight through the chair.
Iapproached the dealer of purchase for price and info i was quoted £120 and a week without the car as they reckoned it was a common fault usual reply and the seat would have to be removed to be repaired.

well dont pay any attention to that or spend the £120 here is the fix which i discovered on investigation.

The side to the seat cover close to the handle and the chair mechanism unclips carefully pull fabric cover to reveal the mechanism for releasing the seat on which you will notice a lazer cut peice of metal (very Sharp) this is the problem as the webbing strap connects to this and the metal just cuts through it. So I stitched and glued the webbing back together the using an old keyring i took the metal ring threaded that throught the loop of the repaired webbing threaded the webbing throught the slot in the the chair cover and reattached to the mechanism arm thus avoiding nuisance cutting on the webbing a metal washer would probably be stronger than the ring but it still works fine.
now just clip the cover back in place and ud never know the difference
Hello I have just brought a 2004 carEn .
it has no pulls at all and not sure where they were originally. I need to fix them but because I done know where they were originally I have no idea where to look. Do you or anyone have any pics?

·
Super Moderator
5,892 Posts
Hi & Welcome.
Sadly unless someone else can provide a pic. the OP has not been seen since
Joined Nov 23, 2010
Last seen Dec 11, 2012

1 - 5 of 5 Posts