Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2006 Rio,does the rear screen have a seperate wash bottle?
The front washer works fine, but the rear, although I can hear the motor there is no water coming through. Any ideas.......................Pete,

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
It uses the same bottle as the front screen. What could have happened is the pipe has come adrift just behind the panel to the right of the accelerator pedal. So when you skoosh the back screen what is happening is the water is spraying under the carpet at your feet. This is what happened to my 06 rio.
Take the panel off and you will see a rubber hose supposed to be connected to a plastic hose. If its not reconnect then use small cable ties to hold it on. What causes this is when the rear skoosher is frozen and the pressure caused when you pull skoosher lever pops the two hoses apart.
If this is the problem you will need to squeeze out the sound proofing foam under the carpet and use a blower heater to dry it or it will stay wet for ages and probably make the car smelly.
Let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How right you are, foot well truly soddened. pulled all the panel away and there it is, pipe adrift.
It was quite hard to push back on, so how on earth does it come apart?

Any mop up time................Thanks Very Much for your info..................Pete.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts