Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a few people on here have put sensors on the sedona using kits from ebay. Today I also installed my kit. Just wanted to know if any one else had to completely remove the rear bumper?? I had to take bumper off to cut the impact foam so as to seat the sensor fully and make room for the cables! I also spliced in to the white wire-pos to reverse lamp- and threaded all cables through existing gromet the lighting wiring travels through.
All works well except that i have had to leave sensor B and D- 2 center senors- disconnected because of the tow bar/ball. Is there any other solution/cure apart from removing the tow ball?

·
Registered
702 Posts
freebo12000 said:
I have noticed a few people on here have put sensors on the sedona using kits from ebay. Today I also installed my kit. Just wanted to know if any one else had to completely remove the rear bumper?? I had to take bumper off to cut the impact foam so as to seat the sensor fully and make room for the cables! I also spliced in to the white wire-pos to reverse lamp- and threaded all cables through existing gromet the lighting wiring travels through.
All works well except that i have had to leave sensor B and D- 2 center senors- disconnected because of the tow bar/ball. Is there any other solution/cure apart from removing the tow ball?
You can do it without removing the bumper, you just have to have a look before you start drilling there is more than enough bumper to go at without removing the bumper. AS for the towbar I dont think there is any thing you can do you already haven't

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi.
I fitted sensors to my, Kia did not need to remove the bumper enough space to allow for sensors. Have towbar too. Used this as centre point and measured 20 cms either side then drilled holes. I have all four sensors working.
Steve G Blackpoolo

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I also measured 20 cm each side of tow ball to get the correct measurements etc. But when I connect the 2 centralsensors either side of the tow ball I get a constant beep!? I will try to take the tow ball off and see if this sorts it out?

·
Registered
702 Posts
freebo12000 said:
Thanks for the responses. I also measured 20 cm each side of tow ball to get the correct measurements etc. But when I connect the 2 centralsensors either side of the tow ball I get a constant beep!? I will try to take the tow ball off and see if this sorts it out?
Did the sensors come with a collar ? this allows you to point/aim the sensors or keep them level.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did not need to remove the bumber to fit mine, although I believe I possibly fitted them a bit low.

They work ok though, and I have a tow bar fitted, which does not affect the two centre sensors, the only thing is having to allow for the extra clearance for the tow bar when using them for reversing.

With the connection of the wiring, did you connect it inside the rear light housing ? I tried to find the corect wire in the loom under the cover in the boot and failed miserably. As I have said in a previous post mine are currently connected to the 12volt socket in the boot for now. I need to have another go at them when I can find the time.

Of course I meant Bumper not Bumber ...........
Edited by: Flyby

·
Registered
390 Posts
Flyby said:
I did not need to remove the bumber to fit mine, although I believe I possibly fitted them a bit low.

They work ok though, and I have a tow bar fitted, which does not affect the two centre sensors, the only thing is having to allow for the extra clearance for the tow bar when using them for reversing.

With the connection of the wiring, did you connect it inside the rear light housing ? I tried to find the corect wire in the loom under the cover in the boot and failed miserably. As I have said in a previous post mine are currently connected to the 12volt socket in the boot for now. I need to have another go at them when I can find the time.
Yes connection in the rear light housing. Sensors are slightly angled and there is a top and botton may be shown by a small arrow. Oh do not press them in with the thumb on the sensor.
Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just an update!! Got 3 out of 4 working!!! one sensor is faulty and constantly beeping even when taken out of the bumper and pointing towards the sky!!! Still, seemes like 3 will do for now! Thanks for every ones help!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im thinking about fitting sensors on my 2003 SE,, seen some on e=bay, with the little screen that goes on your dashboard,, we use them on our vans at work and they are great, , im thinking about having running boards and a tow bar fitted soon and want reversing sensors,, what are the best ones to get ?. prefere to use one with a screen as my other half wants to drive the car and she isnt that good at reversing.. cheers
tony....

·
Registered
702 Posts
fazertony said:
Im thinking about fitting sensors on my 2003 SE,, seen some on e=bay, with the little screen that goes on your dashboard,, we use them on our vans at work and they are great, , im thinking about having running boards and a tow bar fitted soon and want reversing sensors,, what are the best ones to get ?. prefere to use one with a screen as my other half wants to drive the car and she isnt that good at reversing.. cheers
tony....
You've more or less answered your own question ie you've seen some on EBay with the little screen and this is your prefered set up. Normally these sensors on ebay have no makers mark or are ones you've never heard of. If they are on Ebay they will be cheap in price( compared to the dealer fitted ones) and from experince the guys selling this sort of thing have no control over quality you could have 200 people buy from the dealer on EBay and the 201 st person get a set from a different batch/quality/brand etc.

·
Registered
390 Posts
fazertony said:
tony....
Hi. I fitted sensors to my sedona from e bay £20-£30, see my earlier post, These are the 'BEEP/BEEP' type, with out a screen. II find the sound and using my own eyes to check is better than looking at the dash (Just in case some plonker walks behind.They have been perfect and without fault. They are as good as manufacture point fitted. I have recently purchased from e bay a reversing light bulb come alarm that BEEPS when reverse gear is selected £13 for 4.
Hope helps.
Steve G Blackpool

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just go a Sedona (modified with wheelchair ramp through back for my son- passenger) - never realised there was so many of them on the road. It has a reversing camera on the rear view mirror but my wife ( and myself to be honest) would like parking sensors. I am just wondeing if anybody has fitted Kia's own sensors from their "online store" (Ref. Code: AC19409002). Wonder if they are difficult to fit or do you get instructions with them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts