Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had very much chance of discovering our new Nero PHEV2 as yet due to the wonderful lockdown, but today we had to go out to do some shopping and when I got back home I reversed on to our parking area and there was a warning about either an error or blockage of the sensors. I had a look and a quick wipe over of the sensors, they were already pretty clean, and the problem is still there.

Any ideas please folks?

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
554 Posts
I think if they are clean and don't have any sort of covering on them (like the clear packaging film you get on mobile phones etc) then it looks like a connector or wiring issue. May be even a fuse? Have they ever worked to your knowledge?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been in touch with the dealer I bought it from and now have an appointment to take it in to be checked out. They fitted a tow hook for me before I picked it up and there seems to be some doubts about it?

So I will see what happens next, but as they OKed it and fitted it the ball is going to be in their court if it proves to be a problem.

They are also saying that they can't give out courtesy cars due to the covid thing, but if they are going to take a day for the job, which is a possibility they told me, then no courtesy car is going to cost them a couple of taxis as we aren't going to spend all day wandering around Chippenham.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
They are not obliged to give out courtesy cars

My dealer is still doing courtesy cars so the Covid thing is BS

Good luck trying to reclaim taxi costs and don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem sorted. I took the car in to the Kia dealer in Chippenham this morning. They had to take the rear valance/bumper off and they found the plug for the rear sensors was disconnected. Probably done when the toe hook was fitted. Now reconnected and the rear parking sensors now work OK. I can stop using the alternate sensor, the tow hook :cool::cool::eek:

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
Problem sorted. I took the car in to the Kia dealer in Chippenham this morning. They had to take the rear valance/bumper off and they found the plug for the rear sensors was disconnected. Probably done when the toe hook was fitted. Now reconnected and the rear parking sensors now work OK. I can stop using the alternate sensor, the tow hook :cool::cool::eek:
Do you not have camera?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes to the camera, but I am used to using the mirrors and find the camera view 'unusual' :oops: :unsure:

Plus, if fitted the sensors should work init ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts