Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just quick question looking at putting new number plate bolt lights on my picanto in blue are they legal ? The reason for this Is because my audio gear keeps popping them with vibrations ! :( and can't get to remove bulb lol

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Doh no Dano boy. But I would think if it were red it would be ok as long as the number plate was still visible and the led light did not cause a glare across the plate in a way that you cant read it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Davy :) think might give red a go because like you say don't look as bad . It's a bummer because got blue interior lights and undercar neons :D which I know are defently illegal ! Because had few slaps in the wrists by old old bill for showing off on car parks and side of the roads !

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Thats correct Paul for the number plate lights but when you use a number plate bolt light the light shines straight out the rear pointing to following traffic. By law you cannot show a white light at rear unless you are reversing. That is why a red LED would be ok acting as a rear marker light.
So Dano would need to retain the original number plate lights.

·
Registered
662 Posts
sorry have never come accross a bolt light thought they ment a number plate lamp what the hell does a bolt light do? and why would you want one the bolts cant be that hard to see

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Its like they skoosher lights some chavs had on their Corsas.
Its a bling thing Paul.
Cue for Dano to fit a set. I should have kept that one quiet oh naw.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blown both rear number lights ! :( can't get to um
Yep chav thing bling bling lol but need somin there ? Possibly rope lights facing down ?

·
Registered
662 Posts
"ah rope lights yes now i know about them they go around the house at xmas"

what you need is the flame thrower

weld a spark plug about 4 inches in from the end of your tail pipe then fit a pump sprayer nozzel two inches before that run a tube to the pump sprayer and fill with petrol fit a coil and plug lead and hey presto a flame thrower do not use whilst stationary unless you want a melted bumper

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Decided to leave them gone don't need them anyways saves speed cameras spotting me lol there only see my hologram number plate :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Guys

Changed both front side lights AND number plate lights for HI output blue LED's, looks cool as my SE is blue.... not had any problems with the old bill, i supose they take one look and think " that old git should know better" , might be a problem at MOT time though.

LED's should be less prone to vibration damage unlike fillement bulbs !

OH and one more thing , the wfoer needed to get the front light assembly out of the car is scary !!!

Rich

·
Registered
124 Posts
Speaking as a cop if the car is altered from standard in the lighting area then its a no no but it would be a very hard up bobby that would have a go at you.
I would suspect a motorcyclist bobby would be on to you as they are gits. ha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts