Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys please can anyone help with any info with regards to changing my rear number plate bulbs ? the car faild its mot on the 2 rear brake calipers cos the were leaking fluid and failed for one of the bubs on the number plate...had to change both calipers but i cant get in to change the bulb..please can anyone help me with this issue as the car is booked in for a re test 2 morro.

thanks very much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I did this last year and its a bit of a faff. You need to open the boot and remove the plastic panel to get at the fittings. I think if I remember correctly that they unscrew an eighth of a turn and pull off leaving access to the bulb itself. Cheers MC

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Small update on how the car went today..managed to get the bulb changed it took about 35 ins but i did it in the end also new rear discs and pads and went for a re test and all was ok..happy chappie for another year...thanks for the use of the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ramrover said:
Good stuff, not the easiest bulb to change! What about the leak in your brakes, did they fix that too? Cheers MC.
Aparently they put new seals in ma calipers...i thought that my calipers were a single unit and that there was no way of changing the seals ! anyway it passed the MOT so thats a wee bonus..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Saw your message regarding rear number plate bulbs on the picanto.
I have a 56 reg which needs one replacing, I am I correct I would need to take the trim off inside the boot. Then take the plastic panel off, which is in the way ogf the two screws for each bulb assemble. Not a good job, think I will order some 501 LED bulbs.

Regards

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts