Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,new to the forum.
Father inlaw had a bit of a prang in his 2020 kia picanto, base model.
all that was needed was a rear light which i fitted, but is different to standard which he likes, so my question is does anyone have the part no for the ns to match the os? or does anyone have one for sale.
Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Hood Light
Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Hood Light

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
does anyone have the part no for the ns to match the os? or does anyone have one for sale.
Welcome to the forum, 'redneck01246'.

While I can't answer your question, you clearly ought to have a matching pair of tail lights so why not find one to match the n/s original?

Whether the other version infringes the vehicle lighting regs on that model, I can't say but I'm pretty sure the current (no pun intended) arrangement would fail an MOT test and may well be illegal, as I'm sure you know.

Hopefully, someone around these parts will offer a solution.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
6,264 Posts
Hi & welcome.
Was it the same part number that was fitted?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome to the Forum,

This Site has Part Nos. Even better if you can get the Part No off the os one to confirm the ns one is the right Part No

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome to the forum, 'redneck01246'.

While I can't answer your question, you clearly ought to have a matching pair of tail lights so why not find one to match the n/s original?

Whether the other version infringes the vehicle lighting regs on that model, I can't say but I'm pretty sure the current (no pun intended) arrangement would fail an MOT test and may well be illegal, as I'm sure you know.

Hopefully, someone around these parts will offer a solution.

Good luck.
I'm sorry, but that is complete and utter tosh

Vehicle regs will make zero difference if it is from a same model and similar age vehicle, neither will it fail an MOT as long as all lights are working as intended, and most definitely not illegal

It is very common to swap/change lights from pre/post facelift models of cars to freshen up the aesthetics of older generation models

·
Super Moderator
6,264 Posts
I'm sorry, but that is complete and utter tosh

Vehicle regs will make zero difference if it is from a same model and similar age vehicle, neither will it fail an MOT as long as all lights are working as intended, and most definitely not illegal

It is very common to swap/change lights from pre/post facelift models of cars to freshen up the aesthetics of older generation models

Calm down.. Remember be nice to people.

While it may not be illegal. Without plowing through C/U regs to see if lights have to match at both sides. But have never seen a manufacture make a car with different rear lights on each side. Other than having a reverse light one side & rear fog in the other. But they are not on at the same time.
It will invite interest from the police & give them a excuse for a stop. Purely on the basis of looking like one light is not working correctly.
If the MOT tester was so minded he could fail on the basis that they feel one side is not working as it should. Lets face it they do not know every car & every generation of lights & what they should be showing.

Would be far easier to simply swop out the other light cluster so they are the same.

While it may be common to upgrade lights. It's always done in pairs so they look the same (y)

Reactions: rdfb2 and Radiorail

·
Registered
34 Posts
Calm down.. Remember be nice to people.

While it may not be illegal. Without plowing through C/U regs to see if lights have to match at both sides. But have never seen a manufacture make a car with different rear lights on each side. Other than having a reverse light one side & rear fog in the other. But they are not on at the same time.
It will invite interest from the police & give them a excuse for a stop. Purely on the basis of looking like one light is not working correctly.
If the MOT tester was so minded he could fail on the basis that they feel one side is not working as it should. Lets face it they do not know every car & every generation of lights & what they should be showing.

Would be far easier to simply swop out the other light cluster so they are the same.

While it may be common to upgrade lights. It's always done in pairs so they look the same
(y)
And that is exaclty what the OP is trying to do, but he wants to swap his original to the newer version

I wasn't for 1 second suggesting he leaves it as it is, but having 2 working lights is certainly far more legal than having one working and one smashed to bits, as was the case in the OP's post

Also, all vehicle regs state, is that lights have to be the correct colour (white shining forward, red shining backways), they need to be the correct distance apart (which in this case they will be) and the correct dostance from the floor (which again they will be)

The above is massively over simplified (i used to design bin wagons in a previous job, so i used to know the regs inside out), but as long as each light light up the correct colour, and is the same distance apart and from the floor, they are perfectly legal

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Hi all,new to the forum.
Father inlaw had a bit of a prang in his 2020 kia picanto, base model.
all that was needed was a rear light which i fitted, but is different to standard which he likes, so my question is does anyone have the part no for the ns to match the os? or does anyone have one for sale. View attachment 12109 View attachment 12109
If in doubt pop along to your friendly Kia dealer dealer and ask him. He should have all the info at his fingertips.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts