Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a strange one, the buttons for the rear heated seats is located on each side of the back doors and cannot be controlled from the front but what I cannot understand is that it's a push button like the electric mirrors and willstay onfrom acc power so ifyour passenger forgetsto turn the switch off you may have severe battery drain, why did Kia not use the same principle as the reset systemused for the front, also I think the rear heated seats is abit of a let down because mine only works forthe bum area and not for the back, correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think they got the logic backwards with these all right.
Given the choice, I would have the front ones stay on after restart and the rear ones always off after restart. It's a bit of a stretch from the driver's seat to turn off the far left one.

Not sure about the back warming area. Must check it...

·
Registered
260 Posts
You sure they don't power down after a while? I admit I haven't tested mine, just wondered.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi HGF69,

No they definitely stay on. I've a horde of kids in and out of them daily.
Unlike the front seat switches, they stay on until turned off.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
If you want to disconnect them, justpulluptheseat base (sharp tug) and pulltheplugs out. Make sure you don'tinadvertentlyunplug the seat belt sensors though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This issue may well be a recall for Kia, what
was there engineers thinking of maybe eating to much dog food I expect, I for
one will highlight my concern direct there is no logic why they decided to do
this and furthermore I am disappointed that the rear seats only work at the
bottom and not for your back area.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

If enough customers complain they may very
well create a new switch unit to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I can't see many complaining somehow and it would need to be en masse for a recall.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi
I have got a K3 (SatNav) Sportage. When I turned the ignition on and pressed the front heated seat button, the lights come on. Like you said, when you press the back heated seat buttons on, they stay down and the light comes on. So I put all four buttons down, turned the ignition off and all the lights went out. When you turn the ignition back on, the front lights don't come on but the back ones do. So what I did was I left one of the back buttons pressed down overnight, went out to the car in the morning and found that, if this was staying on and draining the battery, the seat would have been hot, but it was stone cold, so consequently it wasn't draining the battery. Therefore, if the buttons were left down at the back, the seats would be warming up only when the engine was running.
I do agree with you that Kia should address this, so that you don't have to manually pop the buttons up so they are off.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Electric seats is a high amp current drain and should
switch off automatically when you engage accessories from the key, the Kia
Sportage does not do this for the rear seats so I would consider that as a
fault that may need to be addressed, example if you are listening to your
stereo from accessories you may find a dead battery after a short period of
time especially when the car gets older I also think you read my comment wrong
I stated that the heated seated worked from accessories and not all the time. I
contacted Kia this morning and they agreed and forward this information to
there design lab in <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Korea</st1:place></st1:country-region>.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
979 Posts
This interested me so I checked mine ...

The rear passenger side has been on since the last person was in the back - that was my mum, the day I got my car, on the 23rd of December ...

WD

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I contacted Kia Ireland and they agreed that
this is a problem but I think we need more reports sent on to they especially
from the UK which is a bigger market, I say your Mom is very happy that
everything she gets into the back seat heat is not a issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts