Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems removing the rear window winders from my picanto.

Does anyone know were i can buy a tool as i can't even see the clip that usualy keeps the handles onto the mechanism.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
An old trick is to use some thick string or thin rope and wrap it round the door handle where the clip sits and in a see saw action with the string it should catch the clip ends and flick it out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

Is the clip between the winder handle and the plastic spacer/ring or between the plastic spacer/ring and door cover?

John

Edited by: seroxatmad

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
It should be between the winder handle and plastic disc spacer. Usually when you fit it all back on the disc goes on first and then theclip is fitted to theslot in winder handle then you just push the winder onto the splinedshaft as it has a tapered lead in for the clip to expand then the clip drops into the groove in splined shaft.
But make sure you position the correctly with the window up so its stop position does catch your passengers leg when sitting in the back. othing worse than a winder handle sticking into your knee/leg on a long journey.

Have fun. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey I need to remove the dam thing first...but thanks for the tip

I think i will ring kia garage and check there is a clip as i cant see the thing

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally found the clips - they seem to hide under the spacer ring!

Totally damaged now hopefully i can purchase new ones for when i refit the handle!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Did you not try that tip with the string/rope. Or did you go in there with screwdrivers, hammers and chisels.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
John you got there in the end thats the main thing. The price for the spacer discs wont break the bank I'm sure. Hope you've got good sounds with them beauties.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey John,

Just wondering - how did you get the bit around the radio (I think its called the central crash panel) out? How much damage did removing it do?

(I have a plan to remove it, remove the button blanks on the left hand side of mine and fit the clock and temperature sensor from a corsa-b MFD!)

Cheers,

David.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi

I just used a very thin flat screw driver and carefully slighty poped out the top left and then moved to the top right. I caused a little damage to the silver paint covering so I would recommend putting a thin bit of tapeunder the screw driver.
But basically slowly pop the top left out a little and then the top right, then the bottom left and then the bottom right. The clips are tight but the platic seems robust enough.
Push down a little when at the top of the panel to move the clips down to release.

I do have a few more imges I should add to make it a bit more clearer.

John

Edited by: seroxatmad

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cheers for that John! I was able to remove the panel myself with no damage that I could see using these plastic wedges from ebay trim removers.

The only scary moment was taking the bottom part out once I had the top free, I heard a creak from one of the corners but couldnt see any damage and it went back in ok so I guess Im all good.

Cheers again,

David.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts