Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all. Kia rio 1.4crdi, 2013year. Ive changed rear discs (blueprint) and put new pads (texar). After that returc disc calipers back, install eveything, put brake few times, put hanbrake few times and after 1000km right one pad is twice worn much then left one. It seems that right one is allways braking., expecially after handbrake is pulled! Any insights
tnx

·
Registered
460 Posts
You didnt clean and silicon grease the sliding pins. Needs to be pulled out and lubed as its likely dry and sticking. Hence the wear.

Excessive wear on one side of the pads are telll tale signs of caliper pins sticking due to failing dust seals causing contamination or dried out lube.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, i think we missunderstood. Pads are eaquly wear on both side on one disc. I was said that on left rear disk pads are like new and on the right rear disc, both pads (inner and outer) are close to half wear.
Tnx

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ok understood now. Get a braking test done (as done in mot) and compare braking efficiencies per side.
If they differ significantly, try replacing brake fluid, in case fluid in one leg is contaminated or needs bleeding. Still also worth checking caliper guide pins are greased and not drying out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I put a new piston and seals.... It runs perfecly! Recommended!!!
This set i used..
Aprox...15euro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts