Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondered if anyone had any experience with kia warranty claims on a 66plate soranto rear differential has gone and need some advice if kia will cover it as it 900 miles short of the 100000

Any help appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine was replaced with no quibble under warranty at around 70000 miles, but it had been dealer serviced. You may have an issue with the 2 non dealer services depending on where they fall in the service record. Good luck.

·
Registered
Santa Fe auto Sorento auto gone
5,187 Posts
These last two services may be the failure as being non dealer have you got the invoices and the check sheet showing the diff fluid has been checked with a tick by it on the sheet. I would always advise anyone regardless of car manufacturer to always use a main dealer for service whilst motor is still in warranty period.

Reactions: Indalo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes we've got all of that as kia asked for the invoices we've not long brought the car and it was booked in for a kia service in 3 weeks we've got kia uk involved aswell as dealer said all goodwill had gone because of them services

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi help needed still still no answer on if its going to be a warranty repair or not kia are asking for the tyre circumfrence any idea why getting no answers from the garage the car is at kia uk have been brilliant any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Have Kia themselves authorised the repair under warranty..Asking for tyre dimensions it is to see if the fronts were worn smaller than the rears causing the 4WD to engage when not necessary. All you can do is keep pestering dealer for an answer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No kia still haven't authorised it because the dealer has sent wrong information across to them which include all of my data which kia bounced back as it breached gdpr according to kia uk and the front tyres were 2 days old and rear tyres were 2 weeks old when diff collapsed

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I would always advise anyone regardless of car manufacturer to always use a main dealer for service whilst motor is still in warranty period.
Ditto that comment.

Having a KIA and choosing to save a few quid on servicing by having it performed by an independent motor trader may save some money but it will, in many cases, lead to lots of aggravation when the car is subsequently taken in to a KIA dealership, expecting the best of service and discovering that there is little sympathy to be found there.

There are always some who have stories to tell, usually relating to 'My mechanic' who is absolutely brilliant, etc, and pontificating about the right provided by the 'Block Exemption' regulations. Sadly, not all KIA dealers are born equal and just as with all other motor brand dealers, many take an immediate dislike to those non-customers who expect the best of customer care as provided to repeat customers who visit the premises at least once a year for servicing, perhaps more frequently if high-mileage drivers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ditto that comment.

Having a KIA and choosing to save a few quid on servicing by having it performed by an independent motor trader may save some money but it will, in many cases, lead to lots of aggravation when the car is subsequently taken in to a KIA dealership, expecting the best of service and discovering that there is little sympathy to be found there.

There are always some who have stories to tell, usually relating to 'My mechanic' who is absolutely brilliant, etc, and pontificating about the right provided by the 'Block Exemption' regulations. Sadly, not all KIA dealers are born equal and just as with all other motor brand dealers, many take an immediate dislike to those non-customers who expect the best of customer care as provided to repeat customers who visit the premises at least once a year for servicing, perhaps more frequently if high-mileage drivers.
I've only had the car 6 months and it was booked in with the dealer I took it to for a full service 2 weeks after the diff collapsed so I was putting it back in the dealer network I've spoke to a different dealer and they've been brilliant this one has been really unhelpful and even put the phone down on kia uk representatives

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I've only had the car 6 months and it was booked in with the dealer I took it to for a full service 2 weeks after the diff collapsed so I was putting it back in the dealer network I've spoke to a different dealer and they've been brilliant this one has been really unhelpful and even put the phone down on kia uk representatives
The more I read I can see reasons claim could be rejected. Replacing tyres possibly to late after damage was already been done. Kia Dealer service will show tyre tread depths of each tyre and advise if replacement is required.Or they need rotating. Did the 2 independent services quote these figures and was there any advice to change them. If you have only had the motor 6 months did not the seller give you a warranty you can use, or was it a private seller.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The tyre tread depths were checked by kia dealer for me 2 weeks before the diff collapsed and we had 2 new tyres replaced on the back at that point and then 2 on the front replaced 2 days before as they were nearly new but both had punctures in them .

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I've spoke to a different dealer and they've been brilliant this one has been really unhelpful and even put the phone down on kia uk representatives
Please don't think I'm blaming you for the fact that the car hasn't been fully serviced within the KIA dealer network.

While there is a huge attraction in purchasing a car from a manufacturer which guarantees most important parts of the vehicle for periods up to 7 years/100,000 miles, rather than the industry norm of 3 years/60,000, the warranty contract is a two-way street. KIA provides the information about their commitment and the purchaser/subsequent owner should ensure that the vehicle is maintained precisely in accordance with KIA's servicing schedule for the given model.

Given that a modern family car is the biggest purchase most people make apart from their home, skimping on servicing or repair costs by entrusting the vehicle to an independent repairer isn't the smartest thing to do. Sadly, you purchased a car that does not have a fully-documented KIA service history because a previous owner opted to break his/her part of the bargain with KIA for reasons unknown to us and now you are having a difficulty because of that person.

Good luck in getting the matter sorted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No I understand that tbh kia uk have been brilliant and worked with me my issues sit with the dealers attitude towards me and the car I will never take it to this particular dealer again .

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Unless Kia UK authorise the repair to be carried out under warranty the dealer you are using has no need to carry it out. The only hope would be a goodwill , where you pay a proportion. But as they have not serviced motor before and they have no guarantee you would use them in the future this is usually unlikely. This as I posted originally does not help you now, but with my family being in the motor trade know how things work. If you buy a motor and want the warranty to be honoured to the end of its term is to only buy a motor with full main dealer history. Otherwise you may as well buy from an Auction cheaper,and take a gamble.

Reactions: Indalo

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Well done as you have had the odds against you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts