Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all first time post so be gentle馃檲 I have an 18 plate ceed gt line which is needing rear discs and pads. I have a friend with sufficient knowledge and tooling to carry out the job for me but when I type my reg number into the various suppliers websites there seems to be more than one option in the sizes and Im not sure which configuration I need I know that most of the suppliers will take returns but I don't want to lay all the money out for the different configurations. Any info would be much appreciated

Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
Hi all first time post so be gentle馃檲 I have an 18 plate ceed gt line which is needing rear discs and pads. I have a friend with sufficient knowledge and tooling to carry out the job for me but when I type my reg number into the various suppliers websites there seems to be more than one option in the sizes and Im not sure which configuration I need I know that most of the suppliers will take returns but I don't want to lay all the money out for the different configurations. Any info would be much appreciated
Have you tried the local dealers? At 3 years your car is well within it's warranty.

Registered
If unsure of brake type - the only real way to ensure correct part numbers is to remove the wheel,measure the Brake Disc Diameter and note whether Solid or Vented Disc.Then check the Brake Pads for a Part Number (you sometimes have to remove the Pad from the caliper to do this) and then buy the pads using that manufacturer/part number or cross refer the pad part number with a different pad manufacturer.
As Dave mentioned above - If the car still under warranty perhaps better to get the dealer to do the job - or at least replace the pads with the same manufacturer as originally fitted.

Registered
I only mentioned the Warranty as on some cars you can see the Brake Pad Manufacturer/Part Numbers even with the wheels still fitted - so a quick glance would sometimes (depending on car/wheel combination) indicate whether anybody other than the dealer has been working on the car.

Super Moderator
Hi & welcome.
\when you get more than one choice. Then you really need to take a wheel off and have a measure up. As murphy's law states no matter what unless you do, you will get the wrong parts.

I would source from a local motor factor, as used by local garages (might/not cost a bit more, but returns will be easier). As they are more likely to take parts back if you explain the situation when ordering. Might even find they know which you need.

Registered
I had the same issue when getting pads for my gt but I spoke to a couple of places on the phone and they both suggested the same spec. Sometimes just ringing them is easiest.

For brakes, I would never suggest a main dealer. You're just paying more for no reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.