Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all any one help me out ? got a prob with the hand brake, ive replaced the cables but to no good,pads ar only 15% worn,i had the drivers side calliper off last night, and all seems ok, the piston screwed back ok and if i work the lever by hand it pushes the pistn out , if i adjust the hand brake to any thing like it should be ie 4-6 cliks the brakes bind, hence new cables, as i thought thay wer partiley seized, o and by the way im talking about a carrens 05 plate diesal auto.??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Toneye,
my next job is to repace the rear pads on my 53 Carens, did you have to screw the piston back with pliers, if so what sort ie, long nose bent perhaps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you wind the pistons all the way in you will not get a good hand brake try and push them out just enought to get brake pads in and then adjust them hope this helps

·
Registered
72 Posts
hi chaps, i adjusted my handbrake to about 7 notches and it was good enough for the mot,Pre moti changed the back pads and screwed them back in all the way, this left me with 11/12 clicks i think this was the end of its travel, obviously the cables had stretched over the 47000m its covered i do have a hand book and kia say 5/7 clicks is factory set at a pull pressure of 20n/mm², so i thought that,ll do for me, I adjusted it by raising the rear wheels of the ground,choking the front wheels and leaving hand brake off then gradually turning adjuster at the centre pull pivot next to hand brake assy, under the centre console. while i adjusted the nut i span both wheels untill the slightest of resistance was felt then backed the nut off a half turn, and hey presto got 7 clicks and passed the brake test on the mot admerably,oh i did check first time out that the bracks were not getting hot.this worked for me hope this helps

cavking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts