Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The plate that sits behind the rear brake discs ( I think it is sometimes called a splash plate or backing plate ) is really corroded and needs replacing. Does anyone know where I can get one for my 2011 Venga? Many online searches bring up the part for a Ceed but I assume that wouldn't fit? Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks ;)

·
Registered
938 Posts
If you dont want a new one then try a breaker..get on the phone to the yards in your area and see what they have in stock..alternatively if you think it might be salvageable then strip it out..rub it down and give it a coat of paint ..venga and ix20 have the same front and rear disc size so its the same plate on both cars

517551P000 Front L/H
517561P000 Front R/H

583901P500 Rr L/H
583901P600 Rr R/H

And now an EDIT after having a search for the back plates for venga and ix20 without any success..but did find something that did shock me..the ceed around 2012 is of similar size but carries a different part number and I came across this which made my jaw drop..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you dont want a new one then try a breaker..get on the phone to the yards in your area and see what they have in stock..alternatively if you think it might be salvageable then strip it out..rub it down and give it a coat of paint ..venga and ix20 have the same front and rear disc size so its the same plate on both cars

517551P000 Front L/H
517561P000 Front R/H

583901P500 Rr L/H
583901P600 Rr R/H

And now an EDIT after having a search for the back plates for venga and ix20 without any success..but did find something that did shock me..the ceed around 2012 is of similar size but carries a different part number and I came across this which made my jaw drop..

Thank you, yes I've found lots for the Ceed but can only find the Venga ones through my local dealer, who have quoted me just short of the price you have found for the Ceed ones!!

The plate is beyond saving with a rub down, its almost all corroded away, causing a very load squeal as bits flake off! I might just bite the bullet and get Kia to do the job, I guess they could stick on some new pads and discs at the same time saving me labour time.

Last resort today I'll ring round the breakers.

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Replacing is probably time consuming as the caliper, and maybe hub may require removal to drill out the old screws or rivets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replacing is probably time consuming as the caliper, and maybe hub may require removal to drill out the old screws or rivets.
Hmm I might leave this one to Kia then, they have quoted me 1 hours labour to do the job. If its going to be tricky I might just let them do it. I have new pads and disc here that I got on sale at ECP so they could save me a job and stick those on while they are at it.

Its not affecting anything being as it is really, just my ears! the squeal as bits flake off is deafening (and embarrasing!)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thank you, yes I've found lots for the Ceed but can only find the Venga ones through my local dealer, who have quoted me just short of the price you have found for the Ceed ones!!

The plate is beyond saving with a rub down, its almost all corroded away, causing a very load squeal as bits flake off! I might just bite the bullet and get Kia to do the job, I guess they could stick on some new pads and discs at the same time saving me labour time.

Last resort today I'll ring round the breakers.

Thanks for your help :)
Shame they are not salvageable..hub would have to be removed along with everything in the way..when its all stripped off you would be looking at a bare one side of the axle so quite involved..if your not to confident when it comes to doing it then its best done by who ever you want to do it..I would certainly not leave it off..it could cause damage to the rear of the disc and caliper and there to protect the braking system..good luck with it.. (y)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Try online Breakers
You post up what you need and any Breakers that have them will get in contact with a Price.
Some examples

I would be very surprised if Kia would fit your ECP Disks and Pads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts