Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Has any one a pic or where is rear anti roll bar link rod bushes are?
Car is at dealers at mo' and want to be prepared for changingthese and the rear shocker bushes too, whenweather permits.
Thanks Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
702 Posts
stevegx said:
Car is at dealers at mo' and want to be prepared for changingthese and the rear shocker bushes too, whenweather permits.

Steve

If you bought a manual off me then its in the suspension chapter page 8 its a 5 link system ie. conects to the body at 5 different points. The manual doesn't tell you how to change the bushes as this is one of the things mechanics learn as an apprentice(all the cr*p jobs). I would imagine Kia have a press to press them out or in. You can do them by using an old socket the same diameter of the outer metal part of bush and drive it out or if you have socket large enough to fit over the bush then use a bench vice and the socket the same diameter as the bush at 1 end and the bigger socket at the other and use the vice to press the bush out into the larger socket. To put the new bushes in start the bush in the link arm again using the same size socket and a lump hammer until it has started and is square with the arm then use the vice again to push it in. You will need a decent vice to do this and lubricate the new bushes with washing up liquid or light oil to ease them in easier.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bruno1926 said:
stevegx said:

Steve

If you bought a manual off me then its in the suspension chapter page 8 its a 5 link system ie. conects to the body at 5 different points. The manual doesn't tell you how to change the bushes as this is one of the things mechanics learn as an apprentice(all the cr*p jobs). I would imagine Kia have a press to press them out or in. You can do them by using an old socket the same diameter of the outer metal part of bush and drive it out or if you have socket large enough to fit over the bush then use a bench vice and the socket the same diameter as the bush at 1 end and the bigger socket at the other and use the vice to press the bush out into the larger socket. To put the new bushes in start the bush in the link arm again using the same size socket and a lump hammer until it has started and is square with the arm then use the vice again to push it in. You will need a decent vice to do this and lubricate the new bushes with washing up liquid or light oil to ease them in easier.
Thanks Bruno, yes did purchase a disc from you early days. Will have a look.
Thanks again.
Steve Gx Blackpool

1 - 3 of 3 Posts