Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody got an annoying rattle or knocking comingfrom underneath the rear of the car when driving over patchey roads?

·
Registered
156 Posts
been driving me mad for a while now.think i have sorted it.
get some thin rubber strips and wrap them around the tools in the boot,
also get some thin foam the same size as the boot floor and put it between
the boot floor and tool tray.
also you can get rattles from the bulb holders.
hope it helps
cheers
mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mike
removed all the boot contents, including the spare, as well asthe parcel shelf.....no good.
the car is going back to the dealer tomorrow for the 2nd time, here's hoping!!!!!

patrick

·
Registered
156 Posts
hi patrick.sorry my idea did,nt work.been told ceeds have a problem
with its suspension drop links.
let us all know if you get it sorted.
cheers.
mike.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I read on another forum that pre facelift models suffer from noisy rear suspension on very cold days. Though the OP couldnt elaborate. So it sould be urban myth, or maybe not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dealership had the car most of the day with no luck. i'm bringing itback tomorrow to have the suspension checked. i'd tear my hair out
if i had any!!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
If your problem has started or got worse during the cold spell it is probably due to contraction of fittings / bushes due to the low temperatures . I have noticed on previous cars I've owned that they are always noisier (rattles and clunks etc)in very cold weather or untill everything is fully warmed up . My 2011 Pro-ceed makes noises when I first set out that seem to disappear once everything is up to temp ( which can be a few miles as diesels take ages to warm up ) .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts