Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 59 reg ceed 1 and have just started to notice a 'tin/metal' rattling sound when I accelerate. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Check all fluid levels would be my first port of call, if really concerned takeit straight back to the dealers, I`d make the most of them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Im with Drakey, If you are worriedget it into a dealer, thats what the warranty is for. Any serious fluid loss should be obvious or put a warning light on. Where is the rattle coming from? Front , back, engine, or glovebox? :) Edited by: deeps

·
Registered
23 Posts
will probably be an exhaust muffler or heat shield. nothing to worry about really, but get some more info for the dealer before you take it in. It will make it easier for them to fix the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've checked the fluid levels which all seem fine. I can't work out if it's a rattle or a kind of grinding/rubbing of metal on metal noise, but it's mainly making the noisewhen i accelerate and seems to be coming more from the wheels rather than the engine (it doesn't do it when I accelerate while stationary). Will call the dealers tomorrow for advice.
Thank you for you suggestions.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If it is a grinding or scraping noise it may be a stone trapped in a brake, I am sure the dealer will soon fix it whatever it is. Cars that new rarely have serious problems. Edited by: deeps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts