Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Eventually found the source of rattle coming from the front passenger side. It seems to be coming from the lid/door of glovebox. If I drive the car with the glovebox lid open, I don't hear any rattle. I checked the glovebox and it seems everything is fine, no screws are missing etc. However, I feel that the lid is not firmly shut when the glovebox is closed- I can press the glovebox lid, and it feels a bit loose. Does anyone has any idea how this can be sorted ? Would a Kia dealer sort this out or replace the glovebox if required?
Many thanks,
Solar

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a similar rattle/buzz from the glovebox of my Ceed. I did the same as you - drove with the lid open and the noise disappeared so I released the 'stays' which limit the amount the lid is allowed to open ( it is fairly self evident how to do this once you look closely) certainly easier to do than to describe how.
Once I had done this I tightened up every screw/fixing I could see in the glovebox area and then put it all back together and the rattle was gone.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@rubble2 : Thanks, and please pardon me for my lack of knowledge.
Here is a video which might help-

What are the 'stays' you are referring to? Are they two large plastic screws (on 14 sec in the video), or the release (at 23 sec in the video)?
Many thanks,
Solar

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did exactly as shown on the video up until the removal of the cabin filter, this allows the glove box lid to fully open and exposes a number of screw heads which are normally obscured by the lid, just tighten up everything you can as much as you can then follow the reverse procedure to reinstate the gove box - worked for me.

·
Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
385 Posts
Trap a hanky in the lid with a bit showing. Sorted.
If you have different coloured cloths/hankies available, it will make for a conversation starter with a passenger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.