Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.6 Petrol.
I know this is just an average thing, as mentioned in a reply to me in another thread.
I have just had to have the cluster replaced on my sportage.
What I would like to know...as I say above.
When the fuel gauge is showing half a tank, what roughly would the digital read out on the cluster show.
Just as a wild example..if the tank held 200 of whatever, when it reached halfway, leaving 100. Would the digital readout also roughly show the same IE 100?
Or doesn't it work like that.
I hope someone can follow that
Sorry to sound so stupid on this.
As I say it's just a wide ball question.

Super Moderator
Posts makes sense (y)

Kia is not a linear on the fuel readings.
You will find that it goes slowly down on the 1st half of the tank, then drops a lot faster in the lower half.

So miles left will be on the same basis.
TBH, take that figure with a dose of salt and use the actual fuel gauge.
Daughters Picanto will go down to zero miles on the readout, but you can only get 30 of the 35 ltr in the tank. So we always tend to fill up once it drops passed 1/2 full.

Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
In my Stonic, we alternate very short frequent trips (mostly ferrying kids) to long motorway trips visiting the in-laws (>150 miles in a weekend)

what happens is that the 鈥榤iles left to empty鈥檃t first looks like it doesn鈥檛 match the average fuel economy readout for the entire tank (yet another read out) not where anyone would expect it to be given the fuel gauge alone. but when I keep track of journeys versus miles left indicator (did that for a month in excel) it proved to be completely accurate to the mile.
In fact it鈥檚 a good indicator of your recent 鈥榯rend鈥 and that if you continue the trend, the mileage will match the closer I get to the 鈥榚mpty鈥 warning.

Reactions: negativepitch

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Posts makes sense (y)

Kia is not a linear on the fuel readings.
You will find that it goes slowly down on the 1st half of the tank, then drops a lot faster in the lower half.

So miles left will be on the same basis.
TBH, take that figure with a dose of salt and use the actual fuel gauge.
Daughters Picanto will go down to zero miles on the readout, but you can only get 30 of the 35 ltr in the tank. So we always tend to fill up once it drops passed 1/2 full.
I know it's much...miniscule in fact.
I put 拢25 worth of petrol in today, it took the fuel needle just over half a tank.
Range on the digital readout was 210.
Came home and the readout was showing 190 and the fuel gauge was smack on half a tank.
I was just a bit OCD and thinking if the tank was showing half a tank smack on, then the digital readout would be on 200 馃槃 as I say OCD.
I do have another question regarding the new cluster I had fitted and the mileage but will start a new thread.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In my Stonic, we alternate very short frequent trips (mostly ferrying kids) to long motorway trips visiting the in-laws (>150 miles in a weekend)

what happens is that the 鈥榤iles left to empty鈥檃t first looks like it doesn鈥檛 match the average fuel economy readout for the entire tank (yet another read out) not where anyone would expect it to be given the fuel gauge alone. but when I keep track of journeys versus miles left indicator (did that for a month in excel) it proved to be completely accurate to the mile.
In fact it鈥檚 a good indicator of your recent 鈥榯rend鈥 and that if you continue the trend, the mileage will match the closer I get to the 鈥榚mpty鈥 warning.
Cheers (y):)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts