Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why there is a piece of flat plastic (driver's side) in the bottom section of the front grille please

I've been looking at images of Sportages and some have nothing , some have a piece roughly triangular like mine whereas some with German and other European plates have very neat square right in the centre of the lowest part of the grille

Interested ... Is it engine dependent maybe

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it looks very low tech. I haven't got a photo but I just found lots by googling Sportage 2022 - images

When they come up you would be able to see the various ones , some with none , some with ones like mine or the neater looking ones on the German and French carsh

Hope this helps

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Grille

Do you mean the square to the left of the number plate in this photo? I'm guessing it's to give access to a weld nut into which a tow loop could be screwed in the event that the vehicle would need to be towed/dragged if it became immobile for some reason. Perhaps an owner can confirm.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
😂 .... Me neither and I have one

On the upside I have the same Model as you are waiting for and (I am not a car person) it is easily the best car I have owned

I've been driving since 74 so it's had competition. In truth though it's had no competition .... it's brilliant even with a mystery plastic bit

Reactions: Priiel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone know why there is a piece of flat plastic (driver's side) in the bottom section of the front grille please

I've been looking at images of Sportages and some have nothing , some have a piece roughly triangular like mine whereas some with German and other European plates have very neat square right in the centre of the lowest part of the grille

Interested ... Is it engine dependent maybe
Behind this plastic is the radar that allows the car to detect the distance to the vehicles in front of you.

Most manufacturers place it at the bottom or some cars (like Mazda) hide it behind the logo
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
410 Posts
It's the front facing radar, it appears either directly in the centre or to the side depending on trim level (and therefore capability and features).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts