Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I drive a Picanto 3 Economyplusline with an OEM radio (picture). Has anyone ever swapt his standard radio for a thirt party one? If so, is it plug and play? And does every function work on the radio and the steering wheel? I often read that the swap is not as easy as it seems……

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oké, but my Picanto JA has no place for a regular 2din. Last week I heard for the first time that there is a singel din frame for a Picanto JA. But I don’t want a single din either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it’s one on top of the dash. Here in Holland the cheapest OEM radio in the Picanto 3. Isn’t this one in Engeland not also the
standard radio for the economyline and so?

·
Super Moderator
9,410 Posts
OK.
So you are looking to add Navigation then.

No idea on this co or if they still do them, or if it would fit.

Other than that you are looking for one that has come from a crashed car. So you really would need to be looking on ebay in Holland or maybe mainland Europe. As in the UK we only have UK mapping. And it is not just a case of swapping SD cards for the maps.

·
Registered
703 Posts
OK.

Other than that you are looking for one that has come from a crashed car. So you really would need to be looking on ebay in Holland or maybe mainland Europe. As in the UK we only have UK mapping. And it is not just a case of swapping SD cards for the maps.
Do they have to have a different aerial for the satnav has well?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK.

Thanx iooi….. I’ve found such a navi here. Problem is that there are some who tried such a radio and learned that some functions where not working. They said it’s not completly plug and play. One guy bought a donor car and swaped the whole system and still it didn’t work.
Thats why I am searching for otter persons who did change there system and their experience…..

·
Super Moderator
9,410 Posts
Not seen any posts by anyone making the change you say.
If going to a android unit (as per link), it may require some cabling changes.
As to taking one off a picanto of the same year. You will need a GPS aerial for car to pick up location. So that could be either something to get of donor car or find a 3rd party unit that will fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.