Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon All.

My screen has packed up on my 2015 Diesel Ceed. Just got a black screen with a whitish line going across it. I have got it booked in with Kia Redditch for June 9th. They don't think it comes under the warranty but can not say for sure till they check it out. They have quoted £1024.00 fitted if it isn't. Is this a common fault with Kia and has any body got any advise for me please. I can't afford the type of money they are quoting me. I can get a second hand unit off Ebay for £300.00. Are they easy to fit if I do have to try and do it myself and how do I go about it please.

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Evening Radiorail.
I would require one with a built in Satnav with it etc.
The unit pointed to has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto which use you mobile phone for navigation but present it all on the screen. It seems, from comments across this site, that most people prefer this to the built in NAV units. You can use Goggle Maps navigation or Waze (and whatever the Apple Maps APP is called)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Afternoon All.

My screen has packed up on my 2015 Diesel Ceed. Just got a black screen with a whitish line going across it. I have got it booked in with Kia Redditch for June 9th. They don't think it comes under the warranty but can not say for sure till they check it out. They have quoted £1024.00 fitted if it isn't. Is this a common fault with Kia and has any body got any advise for me please. I can't afford the type of money they are quoting me. I can get a second hand unit off Ebay for £300.00. Are they easy to fit if I do have to try and do it myself and how do I go about it please.
Hi if you’re stuck with your screen drop me a line as I can probably repair at a fraction of that cost you’ve been quoted. Regards

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had similar experience but with cracked touchscreen, although the unit was fully functional. I manage to get hold of second hand from eBay and it was plug and play replaced within 15 minutes only a trim tool is required and philips screwdriver and maybe pick tool for the connector on the rear.
I still keep my cracked touchscreen unit in fully functional order so may be if you want you can do 2in1 assembly as cheapest option.
If not you looking at android/aftermarket replacement with new facia and converting the connection.

Best regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi both thank you for replying.

If Kia can not repair it under warranty what is the best unit to get for it and what would the cost be roughly for the unit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe of the top of my head for a conversion to aftermarket with new facia, wires and unit you are looking at £350 minimum and than up depends of the headunit.

If you looking for cheap fix I can give you mine and yours and make from both- one fully functional unit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi both thank you for replying.

If Kia can not repair it under warranty what is the best unit to get for it and what would the cost be roughly for the unit.
I can offer a repair for £100 and can update the software and maps to 7.9.4 118E7AB version but would need to confirm model number first. A word of warning with the all singing all dancing Chinese models, they are of poor build quality and will most likely last only a short while.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thanks pgtips. I will let you know what I am doing after the 9th when Kia have had a look. Thank you all for your help on this issue for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can offer a repair for £100 and can update the software and maps to 7.9.4 118E7AB version but would need to confirm model number first. A word of warning with the all singing all dancing Chinese models, they are of poor build quality and will most likely last only a short while.

Where are you from please pgtips

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would highly recommend our dear member pgtips2017 as I dealt with him before and he is genuine good guy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi GS. Kia are going to change mine under the good deed system. I'm just waiting for the new unit to arrive with them then they are going to fit it for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts