Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. On all my previous cars you could have the radio on whilst the keys were not in the ignition. My 3 year old Sportage will not allow this, am I doing something wrong? TIA
Ian

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,471 Posts
I think many cars require the ignition to be in the 'accessory' (half on) state - basically so you can't leave the radio on and flatten the battery.

Not sure how the Sportage is configured but my Stonic (push button start) still requires the car to be 'live', albeit not engine running, for the radio to be on. There is an option in the Nav settings to make the radio come on whenever the car is started or to stay off at each restart until manually switched on.

Font Gadget Screenshot Display device Electronic device

Reactions: Romanmesh

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
Hi. On all my previous cars you could have the radio on whilst the keys were not in the ignition. My 3 year old Sportage will not allow this, am I doing something wrong? TIA
Ian
Hi & Welcome.

Does your car have stop/start button?

If so then pressing button while not touching any pedals will put car in acc mode, which allows radio to be one. But be aware you will get a a warning about battery discharge.

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
I have stop/start on my current Sportage and after switching the engine off the radio continues to play until I either open a door, or the system switches it off to save the battery after a couple of minutes. My 2017 had a key and as I recall it was the same once the engine was switched off and key removed.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage GT Line S - 1.6T DCT
522 Posts
Mine plays with the engine off but doesn't take long before it starts flashing up warnings about draining the battery etc then shuts itself off a few mins later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts