Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Another question I'm afraid. The instructions to my radio say it will change over FM stations if it detects a stronger signal, is it possible to turn that function off? I live in Worcestershire but I mainly listen to BBC WM, the radio keeps changing over to Radio Hereford and Worcester which is the closer station and therefore stronger signal. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This might be due to the Auto-Frequency (AF) function, although this usually works the other way round i.e. changing the frequency while retaining the same station. Might also help to turn on the 'Regional Programs' (REG) function, which I think is to retain your tuned local station only. Might be worth experimenting with turning each function on and off, in turn and together, to see if it improves things. You can access both functions via the menus on the radio - your manual should tell you how to get into them (try pressing the right 'tuning' knob and holding for 2 seconds, when a menu item comes up on the screen press again and again until the function you want displays, then turn the knob left or right to turn it on or off.
This may or may not help, but it gives a couple of things to try. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.