Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a problem with the radio reducing volume for a few seconds, it is as if the sound is only coming from left front speaker? It happens intermittently on DAB & FM & its not a radio black spot. Could I have an amplifier problem developing?
The heated steering wheel switches itself on occasionally, a bit irritating.

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
565 Posts
Is there any other source plugged in or are you using Nav?

Alerts may dip the volume from a phone notification, speed camera warnings etc.

Also steering wheel, what does occasionally mean, and under what circumstances - example my Volvo turns the heated seat and steering wheel on when the vehicle starts and the ambient temperature is below 10c. Are there any settings to configure?

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any other source plugged in or are you using Nav?

Alerts may dip the volume from a phone notification, speed camera warnings etc.

Also steering wheel, what does occasionally mean, and under what circumstances - example my Volvo turns the heated seat and steering wheel on when the vehicle starts and the ambient temperature is below 10c. Are there any settings to configure?
Not using nav though I usually have it up on right of split screen. Media on USB plugged in. It wont be notifications as phone not on, nor is it speed camera warning.
The heated wheel can come randomly at any ambient temp, last time it came on ambient was around 15C. I was not aware of any configuration only on/off button on front of console. I found this reference in the online manual
Settings → Vehicle → Seat → Heating/Ventilation → Auto. Controls That Use Climate Control Settings → Steering wheel warmer/Seat warmer/ventilation on the infotainment screen.
As I read it the climate controls need to be in Auto & that is no how I usually use it. I will check that but I can tell when I need it without an auto function.

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
565 Posts
if you think it’s a fault take it to Kia and get them to look. You seem sure it’s nothing that is an ordinary function.

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Taking more notice of when the radio gets muted & I find it happens when the car chirps with the lane keeping assist, not noticed it elsewhere since taking special notice. I'm sure that it did not happen before I did the 22 02 11 update 5 weeks ago that the dealer did not apply before March delivery. That update changed some other things as well. I cannot find a way to stop the muting. I had the alerts set medium & am now trying it on high. Did it whilst out & the lane keeping did not activate on my back road return.
Following the track from the manual for the heated wheel did not lead to the track indicated so not able to change anything there. Its a minor annoyance.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,659 Posts
Warning volume for some Nav units.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts