Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 54 plate sedona with a kenwood kvt729 dvd stereo system,the head unit has no power going to it,although there is power going to the cd multichanger bluetooth sat nav and main unit that is under the passenger seat none of this will work without the head unit working.Before it stopped working it used to intermittently switch itself on and off causing the flip screen to go back into the head unit and come straight back out again.I have been told it may be the ribbon in the head unit that operates the flip screen butr I really have no idea,any clues?????????????

·
Registered
543 Posts
It could be the main illumination ( orange wire from loom ) did you install the headunit or was it factory fitted ? Maybe it could have a loose connection do you have the handbrake park viewing connected for the DVD ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the car last november,I was told it cost around £2k for the stereo and on looking the separate pieces to the unit are expensive,the handbrake parking view is not connected for the DVD.Am I right in saying the loom goes under the passenger seat then one black wire feeds the head unit?

·
Registered
543 Posts
The setups with DVD are expensive they usally have a wiring loom from car harness to the iso connectors for power and speakers then there is another block simular shape and size which run to the DVD unit which run side by side one connects to the DVD and the other end goes to the headunit there's usally 8-10 wires which run the dvd unit and it's very complicated .
Can you watch DVDs when your driving ? Or do you have to be parked with handbrake on it could be that if you have this they usally fit this to a metal bolt or structural metal member to make it work .
I've installed hundreds of these setups they are usally very good I've got an alpine one myself :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts