Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,679 Posts
Thanks but no code has been set by me or previous owner. Kia don't want to know and just say need to buy new radio! Won't be buying kia again what a stupid system
A quick look at some YouTube videos, for a number of Kia and Hyundai car radios, says take the last 4 digits of the radio unit serial number, which is on the underside of the radio (so you have to slide it out), add 1212 to those digits and enter that as the security code.

So if the serial number ends in 0340 add 1212 and 1552 becomes the number to enter.

e.g.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,679 Posts
Thanks for your reply. The car was brand new when my dad got it and he never set a code and neither did I. I may try some local stereo shops and see what they want to charge. I can only assume that a mechanic or someone thought it would be funny to add a code on at some point
Have you tried the Serial Number + 1212 solution I posted above? - it seems to work for many Hyundai and Kia models

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.