Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evening folks,
the radio cd on my carens has started cutting out, it sometimes comes back on straight away

other times it may take a day or two, the car is a mk2 2004, before i take out the cd player to look at the wiring, has anyone else had this problem or removed the stereo,and is there an easy fix.

griff,

er-5 no cd player no worries.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i bought a new cd player/radio that fixed it.
griff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last summer after 3y/30k the radio on our 2008 Rondo/Carens 6cyl. 2.7l also started to act up. It turns itself On at will, changes from radio to CD and back erratically without touching any controls. The controls on the radio stop responding but we can still operate all of it on the steering wheel.
I suspect, this happened after the 36 mths service. The dealer would not hear anything on that issue and suggested to get the radio replaced with full cost to us. Two weeks ago, the radio came on and there is no way to turn it off, other than turn the engine off a remove the key. It seems like the outside and inside temperature has something to do with it. We are lucky so far, that we can turn down the volume on the steering control.
Would like to solve this problem. Any idea beside replacing the unit?

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Supacabby for the welcome note, noticing my post and direction to the N.A. Rondo forum. Yes, Kia Canada has a 60 months warranty for major things and 36 months for the rest. Audio system originally installed in the factory is in the 36 months category.
Actually in the last week, I fiddled around with all control buttons on the radio proper and tried to turn the radio off. After doing it with the volume control, I was able to turn the radio off. (pushing in the volume wheel, controls the On/Off function) Up to today, it works the way it should. Will post any change as it will develop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts